Gunman Chronicles

Yeah, I’m all for planning in protocol 1.1.2.1 under steam cause that’s the only way I get a playable framerate so far. That’ll probably cause the least inconveniences for everyone right now. I guess the final run should really be done under WON then for the reasons you posted above. I just gotta figure out what’s wrong with the game on my system.

I’ve put some more demos in dropbox.

So what do I have to do to patch up to you guys?

http://www.nextdimension.org/gunmantosteam/

I’m getting the game as I type this post; expect awesome tricks to be found.

IS THAT THE RESIDENTS I SEE IN YOUR SIG?
ONE SEC. I JUST DOUBLE CHECKED WITH THE T-SHIRT I’M WEARING RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT; IT IS THE RESIDENTS.

Sorry for going off-topic but these things happen once in a lifetime.

Skip I just uploaded (rust7a_slope.dem) saves about 40 seconds on Downups run :>

ige

For those who patched the game with won2steam, we wont run the demo levels which are included in this patch. I tested this and it works:

Nice slopeslide :>

Finally patched to you guys. Going to watch the demo’s when I get the chance.

I wonder if this is possible :confused: Getting by the stupid dino is a pain in the ass to be honest. Whenever I actually do I seem to dodge off his head, thus losing height that I would probably gain if I’d hit the slope perfectly.

off topic

You know what else is strange? My gamertag is igor (or igorsson, I ran most of Decay co-op maps together with quadrazid) and I saw that your IRL name is Igor… shiet, we’re probably long lost soulmates :o

Yeah, even more off-topic (apologizing for that, of course). I will dig into this game on full time after I’m done with my Counter-Strike Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes that should be completed within a few weeks if I keep up my pace :-*

Oh, I watched the demos and needless to say, I got impressed! Looks like a fun game to run :wink:

You know whats even weirder? Remember that Blue-Shift co-op trailer I was in before I knew quad or any of you guys? Now you do :wink:

Is there a way to see triggers in game?

At that is there anything to see clip brush as well.

Quad said there was, but they removed it. So the only way to see where triggers are would be to decompile the maps unfortunately.

I’d like to ask about some alias scripts and some general HL questions:

BunnyHop script

[code]//bhop
alias +bhop “+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+jump”
alias -bhop “-jump”

bind space “+bhop”[/code]

and the boost script:

alias boost "cl_pitchup 180;cl_pitchdown -180;+attack;w;-attack;cl_pitchup 89.999;cl_pitchdown 89.999;force_centerview" bind KEY boost

Is it OK to use them in Multiplayer?

I’d like to use them for gauss jumping etc.,

And why is there bhop script if you can use AHK to bhop?
[hr]
How do I install HLSP BunnyMod to HL?

I used to put it into hl folder and after Steam Restart it appeared, but when I try to bhop in there it seems like it’s capped (I’m using AHK for this).

I’m going to use my limited knowledge of programming to try and answer.

Since the game works in frames and wait: waits for the next frame you can perfectly jump again.

AHK just spams it on a timed basis. You can be on the ground for 2-3 frames before you jump again because it updates faster than AHK spams.

So if you get the game to spam space for you it will do it perfectly with the frames, AHK was used in HL2 because the script doesn’t work.

And what about using the boost script (for gaussjumps) in Multiplayer? I wont get banned or smth?

Could you upload those demos again?

Can you (or anyone?) give me the download-link for that demo?

I can’t play that demo, neither can I play the “charge_jump” demo. I get an error that says that “[demo_name] is not a demo file” so the only demo that I have been able to watch in Steam-GunmanChronicles i “west3a_shotgun_boost” (which is a nice demo by cRZYFST). What am I doing wrong? I used the Gunman-2-Steam patch and I also got the standalone WON installation from that torrent. I thought that there only is the WON-version and the Steam-version, so why won’t these demos play? :frowning:

Hmm, that’s weird. I created a steamless copy of hl back then. The version command returns

] version Protocol version 48 Exe version 1.1.2.1/2.0.0.0 (valve) Exe build: 16:05:41 Jun 15 2009 (4554)

Are you using the playdemo command? I think quad mentioned there was a problem with viewdemo on certain demos. I guess I could make a couple of clips for you if everything else fails. As for the demos, I’m pretty sure they’re all in our dropbox folder. You really should join there.