Ep2_outland_01

Doesn’t that mean downloading 11g?

I’m sure I could help you with a slim portal version if you want. I doubt it’s any more complicated than with Ep2. If you need the pre-update version, I made a backup of the proper GCFs as well, so I could get on that immediately. That would make your portal verification a lot easier I guess.

As for verification purposes in general, the fact that you would need the game at hand to be installed for the fix to work shouldn’t be an issue. Someone verifying a speedrun should have the according game installed anyway. And in that case a <100 MB download to play the demos should be the way to go. Besides, given the fact that you can’t actually play the game with the fix unless you actually bought the original game allows us to openly post it in here and not get into any legal trouble due to hosting or distributing a game to third parties.

The only real downside I see is that the demos of the run would only work so long with the fix until Valve updates the game files once again. Then again, that’s the same with HL2DQ and simply the way it is because of the way Steam operates. They should have a version system so you can simply downgrade your products to your liking. Wishful thinking…

I don’t see them updating Half life 2 again for awhile. I though they were finished ruining it for everyone?

Right. I haven’t downloaded Foust’s version of the fix yet, but the next chance I get I’ll get it downloaded and test it to see if we can get through the floor. If we can, then it’s obviously fixed and back to the previous version, which I imagine will hold true anyway since it can play the demos, but we need to be sure.

Any progress on this silver weapon situation, because we obviously need that sorted before we can get the run recorded in any way?

I want to get this run going again, so if you can post here with opinions, any update on the fixes, I’d be very grateful.

Oh, I thought I had mentioned that. Fixing the models wasn’t too hard. Just had to add a couple material folders which took me half an hour tops. Animations seem to work as well now (in the first version the first advisor encounter was bugged due to the missing pose of the dead rebel on the control desk.

I only played a certain amount of the game, but what I played didn’t miss any animations or textures. However, should there be any missing stuff later in the game, we can always fix that by adding the appropriate files as we spot them. As long as the dlls are the proper ones, i.e. we can get through the floor, we’re good to go. And I’m more than confident that it does, given the fact that the old demos play fine.

Good to hear from you by the way :wink:

Alright, I’ll get the fix downloaded, test it out and play through the game. I’ll also go up through the floor, make sure it all works fine.

Yeah, I know I haven’t posted much, been a bit busy and fallen out of running since this project stopped, but I want to get back going with it.

LET’S GO SOURCE RUNS.

LET'S GO SOURCE RUNS.

YEAH!

Where’s the download fix?

LETS DO THIS SHIT!!!
right after hls phase 1 :stuck_out_tongue:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Okay, sorry I didn’t post, had a partay to go to.

I’ve played through some of it, I must admit I didn’t go through all of it, because god ep2 bores me. I’ve noticed nothing wrong though, everything seems to work perfectly. I can go through displacements properly again, everything seems perfect. The link is what Niklas posted a page ago, Re-Link.

If you want to wait till you guys are done with Phase1 of HL:S, that’s fine, but after that are we getting back onto this? Or are you doing Phase 2 of HL:S too?

LET’S GO SOURCE RUNS!

Really? I thought it was a fair bit better than ep1.

I preferred the outdoor spaces of EP2 and the different atmosphere.

^

^

Then why don’t YOU all play through it D:

Me? I’m lazy.

I QUESTION YOUR DEVOTION TO THE RUN.

I question your existence.

NEVER. NEVER. QUESTION MY EXISTENCE.

OR CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!