- I’m not 100% sold on that nade launch.
– It is complex to set up (you need to scale the broken building).
– The technique I use here can be done right away. The reason I wait is the luck manipulation is too much for an RTA run. The setup is simple: break the 2 wooden boards on the left and run along the ledge.
I tried that a few times and kept on getting shot into oblivion, and scaling the broken building is faster than waiting for the airstrike. But I obviously didn’t try enough. You are right, that would be a better route.
[QUOTE]- The LAW is a great damage boost weapon, and I’d recommend using it for the last 2 boosts you do into the church. The LAW does not require armor to do damage boosts (HE grenade requires armor).
- For a segmented run, I expect us to do a LAW boost anytime we gain health.[/QUOTE]
I think I’m biased towards HE boosts for some reason, because I always prefer performing them over the LAW jumps. Maybe a left over from conc jumping in TFC. But if LAW jumping is better, certainly go for it.
That was more down to my poor gameplay and time restraints I have for playing. I’d hope we’d be able to finish the big battle on 100 health, and then be able to skip getting the health, which means you can skip killing pretty much everyone there. The part where I pick up the hidden LAW was painfully bad, due to only having 1hp. It will obviously have a huge improvement in an actual run.
[QUOTE]- I think that boss strat is ‘okay’, but I think there might be a faster way. I’d have to investigate.
– An example idea: Jump onto the bomb itself and start diffusing. While diffusing, shoot the boss and kill him.
– I like the idea of the smoke grenade. Not 100% sold on the flash.[/QUOTE]
I think I did succeed getting on top of the bomb, but the sniper would quickly kill me (and the rest of the terrorists can shoot you as well). With a little bit of luck you should be able to LAW -> Smoke Boss -> Deagle sniper though. You can still walk while defusing can’t you? If that’s the case, landing on the bomb and then dropping off behind it should work well.
The flash (and smoke) should only be necessary if we run out of ammo - as we only have the deagle and TMP (is that gun?). However, assuming we get 1deags - which is easily possible in a proper segmented run - we should be able to kill the boss while defusing.
Quadrazid was able to get to the second platform (http://youtu.be/ulywDgTw52g?t=1m39s) In the very last clip I get to the very end of the alley and die to fall damage - a jumpbug there and then some very swift killing would be the fastest possible route in that area. (http://youtu.be/H60-1PNkAuA?t=7m45s)
Wow, I hope so. If you can manage that, this will be one helluva speedrun.