- Figured out the second plant/branch on the cz_downed2 can be triggered (destroyed) by a grenade if it explodes on your side (the players side) of the map.
– Meaning, if it goes past the branch and explodes, it won’t break it. Though, it might trigger the animation for it breaking, but it will still block the player’s path.
- Made a sequence breaking grenade jump on cz_downed3.
– It is difficult, but possible, to do in an RTA run. It simply requires you to conserve as much armor as possible between cz_downed2 and the first half of cz_downed3.
- In cz_downed3, it is possible to use an enemy to block the door from closing in the room where you get gassed. Because of that, it is possible to attempt a CLD. Unfortunately, I didn’t not find any spot that would spawn you in-bounds.
- I checked all the changelevel triggers in Rise Hard. As far as I can tell, I do not see any possible way to do CLDs for any of the maps.
- On cz_hr02, it is possible to do an effective grenade boost. It would only be used for segmented. It can be ended by landing on a ladder (or jumpbug, but I haven’t attempted to yet).
- On cz_hr02b, I routed it more effectively. I also pick up a smoke grenade that it used for breaking the gun turrets on cz_hr03.
- I am still playing with the best use of nade boosts in cz_hr04. The entire map is vertical and could be skipped if some kind of super nade boost was possible (or some other way of gaining a huge amount of height).
- On cz_hr06, found a much better nade placement for the nade boost. It can be used for segmented or RTA.
I’m sure there will be. All the things I’ve been doing are preliminary routing. There are going to be many improvements in terms of movement on these routes that will need to be figured out. An example is navigating all the cubicles in Rise Hard. They have different configurations and I haven’t found the best way to get over/around them. Sometimes, I can doubleduck. Other times, there are objects and things that block you. Yeah. :-/ Plus optimizing movement to use wallstrafing. I expect that to take time too.
Has anyone made an alias that would press the use key and shoot, and when you release the button, it also releases firing and the use key?
alias +useattack “+use; wait; +attack”
alias -useattack “-attack; wait; -use”
I want to test to see if this is an effective way to get perfect aim. I don’t know how useful it will be on a segmented run (because, in most cases, I’m assuming we are not shooting enemies. Only when we have to, I guess).