sp_a3_crazy_box

Portal 2 - Chapter 6 - Minor shortcut (luigiownsmario)
sp_a3_crazy_box (Shot to skip most of level) (00Svo)
Portal 2 - sp_a3_crazy_box (coolkid)
Portal 2 - sp_a3_crazy_box - last room glitch (Wallboy)
sp_a3_crazy_box (proposed route) (00Svo)
Portal 2 | sp_a3_crazy_box exit without a gel (m1el)
Portal 2: shortcut - chapter 6 (littlefrank90)
sp_a3_crazy_box route (toten)
sp_a3_crazy_box - route [Update 1] (toten)
sp_a3_crazy_box - route [Update2] (toten)

Found a nice skip, easier than coolkids but much slower.

The shot is very easy to land its just impossible to see. fly around with noclip to get a better idea of where you are/what youre doing if confused. its a blind shot through the railings. there are a couple pixels of wall so its not as difficult to hit as the one on the other level.

the horizontal ceiling wall thingy that is in view is not portalable until you advance later into the level, so its useless. i am shooting past it underneath it and hitting the far wall way back where you would use the blue goop to bounce. then i use that british guy’s trick to get up to the crazybox segment of the level.

I found a glitch in the last room which causes the glass to break without using the gel. Should save a lot of time. ;D

very nice. ive been playing with it and i dont really get how it works, but i dont think it has anything to do with the box moving. i think maybe the game thinks you are inside the glass box and you need a way out, so it blows one of the windows out for you.

anyway heres a combination of what i did and your discovery in one segment (because i was that bored)

I think this is the best route. There is an invisible wall in the first chamber so you can’t fling yourself up there to shoot a portal. The line of sight in that video is perfect.

And even if it wasn’t ridiculously hard, you can’t hit the highest wall with a portal from the bottom of the giant pillar before the box chamber because the trigger to open the box chamber door is on the second-to-highest portalable wall.

It’s pretty easy to break the glass with one jump through a portal, and reportaling up to the elevator is fast as well.

You can make it to the exit (from the room with a box) without repulsion gel, but it’s hard.

Someone sent me this on YouTube:

It looks like a better shot to use than the difficult and slow one you guys are using right now. It may save time, but you are farther away… I’m sure it depends on execution.

Nice find. Though I’m pretty sure with reportaling and strafe jumping to get under past the glass you could manage it with a few portals less. Then again, I might severely underestimate how hard this already is.

Not really, I’d say that 00Svo’s shot is quite easy and way faster than this method. Also, you can’t do what he does in his video.

1. He has repulsion gel on a spot where it isn’t there by default.
  2. You can’t portal the surface he’s portaling to without hitting this trigger.
  3. sp_a3_crazy_box_01.dem This should be the fastest route up til the portal shot, you can get up there a bit faster by hitting the 3rd repulsion gel cycle instead of the 4th like I did in this video. Also I had not done the portalshot in a while so that’s why I missed it a lot.

Nice trick m1el, by the way. I think it would be faster to throw the cube on the button so that it stays on it for a little bit and then falls off and while it does that you reportal to the descending platform.

Yes, I have tried that, but I gained not enough horisontal speed to get under the glass. I don’t know if it is possible, math required.

Interesting…

What the hell mate. Talk about physics abuse. How about getting the cube to bounce in such a manner it flies out the box, through the water, lands on the button, then while you get in the lift, falls off the button. All you need to do is get the cube covered in gel and reportal up to the lift! Piece of cake!

So the best possible route (so far) would be a combination of this

(i have not been able to replicate this even on host_timescale 0.1, i dont understand how the guy in the video possibly did it.)

and this

although accomplishing such a run would be impossible without segmenting.

After you’ve done 00Svo’s shot you can portal onto this surface instead of jumping down.

Here’s my route:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM1RfAF8LiQ

I’ve changed 00Svo’s route then combine it with wallboys glitch

sp_a3_crazy_box - route [Update 1]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCveO9ylLiY

Man, that was impressive all the way through. As far as the lag is concerned; perhaps try recording your video in-game? There is a console command for it. Makemovie or something. Google it. If you use this to record the movie, the game will take however long it needs to render a frame until it’s fully done. No lag!

This'll alt tab you out of the game and give you some options on what kind of (compression)? you're going to store the movie as.

Starts recording when console is cleared. If you're on a loading screen then it'll start recording when you load a demo or go onto a map.

<blockquote>endmovie</blockquote>

Will stop the movie and save it into your portal 2 folder as the name of the movie as an avi file.

Kind of easy... pick a format that you might be familiar with. I find mpeg-4 or something like that is alright.

This’ll alt tab you out of the game and give you some options on what kind of (compression)? you’re going to store the movie as.

Starts recording when console is cleared. If you’re on a loading screen then it’ll start recording when you load a demo or go onto a map.

endmovie

Will stop the movie and save it into your portal 2 folder as the name of the movie as an avi file.

Kind of easy… pick a format that you might be familiar with. I find mpeg-4 or something like that is alright.

sp_a3_crazy_box - route [Update2]:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY50yk7oodk

I guess this is invalidated thanks to the new bug fix.

Lol. You must be kidding…