sp_a2_bridge_the_gap

Portal 2 - Skipping most of sp_a2_bridge_the_gap (Kingpin)
Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a2_bridge_the_gap - Route (DemonStrate)
Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a2_bridge_the_gap - Route - Update 1 (DemonStrate)
Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a2_bridge_the_gap - Route - Update 2 (DemonStrate)
Portal 2 doors bypass glitch sp_a2_bridge_the_gap (m1el)
sp_a2_bridge_the_gap fastest route (Pmk138)
sp_a2_bridge_the_gap fastest route FULLSPEED (Pmk138)
sp_a2_bridge_the_gap (pmk138) (00Svo)
Portal 2 - sp_a2_bridge_the_gap - Route (Including Door Glitch) (Juice)
Portal 2 - sp_a2_bridge_the_gap alternative route (coolkid)
Portal 2 - bridge_the_gap - Time Saver (turre)
bridge_the_gap panel jump (toten)
sp_a2_bridge_the_gap - panel jump route (With Camera Grab) (toten)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTtHTlZDVls needs to be added :slight_smile:

It’s worth noting that how the door acts while it’s broken is completely random and most of the time it won’t work, you just need to keep retrying until it opens a gap large enough to walk through at the first opportunity. (like in the video)

That’s quite a big time saver actually. Tried it a few times, but results made me think the door was scripted not to open when you are close. Turns out that’s just my luck.

Shouldn’t be too difficult for any half-decent portal speedrunner to pull off. At least I don’t think it should be.

Thank god. I can’t wait to update the route on this level now. I’ll do it at full speed (obviously), and people on YouTube will eat me alive. I have a tagline for this level, “This puts the Portal into Portal 2. Because, fuck Light Bridges, I’ve got god damn portals!”

“Because, fuck Light Bridges, I’ve got god damn portals!”
Is it weird I read this in Cave’s voice?

Anyways you also might be able to do the same trick I did by jumping off the button and reportalling through a portal. I’m not sure though. This would allow you to time it better because a problem I ran into a lot while doing that was hitting the boxes and stopping me in my tracks.

Edit: Ok so it’s much quicker to jump on the button, place a portal on the back wall and one in front of you and reportal out of the one in front of you and then do the jump. Not much faster but it is faster if executed right. I haven’t been able to reach the landing area yet doing this but I know it’s possible because I’ve had the speed and I’ve had the jump, just never together so far.

So I did my run in full speed this time. Currently uploading the video. Surprisingly didn’t take me as many tries as I thought it was going to.

I blew that out of the water.

Portal 2 - sp_a2_bridge_the_gap - Route (Including Door Glitch)
I used Pmx138 route combined with door glitch I found, in 2 segments.

Broken door could be opened somehow, skips wheatley speech.
If anybody know how to replicate it. please share :smiley:

It’s still slow!

Yes, yes. You’ve been saying that a lot lately. If you’re so sure you know a faster route, please demonstrate, because your current route (the one at the top) is definitely a lot slower than this, if this is executed fast.

I find that to be quite rude to be honest… back up yer claims instead of clogging up threads, please. I’ve a faster route that I will be uploading soon.

I upload videos in chunks (meaning, multiple videos at once). I’m just trying to tell you it is a wasted effort.

Edit: Also, you have no inside information why I said that to begin with. Pmk was annoying the fuck out of me on my LiveStream, and he made that route and I didn’t honestly care. After I banned him for a few minutes, I got my route completed which is marginally faster. Then, I was just annoyed that someone spent there time reproducing his slow route. I’m honestly getting annoyed at trying to make my own routes when everyone else keeps trying to post theirs, and I honestly don’t care in most cases.

When I did Portal 1 before, the community was basically dead. People had some routes and things on YouTube, but no one was active about it. I had some f-ing peace and quiet to just work on it myself, and I’m starting to get to the point where I might just stop trying to make routes altogether because of people constantly spamming their routes and pestering me with messages.

Science takes time and effort, and I’d rather do that alone. It is great that other people have similar enthusiasm as me, but I do things my way. Sometimes, I just need to be left alone, or else I’ll fucking lose it.

I’m glad you’re getting tired of contributing to the cause, because we’re getting tired of pretending we can put up with your attitude.

EDIT: The reason why the Portal 1 community was ‘dead’ is because there wasn’t one anymore because by the time you got involved everyone was pretty much over it. You’re actually the one who’s made Portal speedrunning popular, and you’d have your peace and quite if nobody was trying to be like ‘the best Portal speedrunner ever!!!1!!11!’

Try and keep this thread on topic. You’re more than welcome to make a rage thread anywhere else on the website. ::slight_smile:

Might be faster, might be slower. I don’t know, frankly.

Although I haven’t been able to execute it yet due to overjumping, I think a pretty fast route would be to run, shoot a portal on the wall behind the cubething, jump onto the button (and activate it), jump, shoot a portal onto the ground and grab the cube, then bhop over to the exit.

I’ve managed the first part quite a few times, but I kept flying way past the walkway. I did grab the cube though.

Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a2_bridge_the_gap - Route - Update 1

I’m pretty sure I said that somewhere once lol. That would be the fastest route, aggravating to accomplish, but fastest. I know it’s doable, I just can’t get it myself. Also you’d have to reportal into your floor portal once you jump off the button, not sure if you mentioned that in what you said there.