Source Nade Jumps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPZoFbWMnAQInspired by the spider man himself. (Spider Waffle)Both nade jumps save hella time.

Yeah it’s pretty cool that some explosion-boosts/shortcuts are possible even though the explosion-boosting in HLS is very different from explosion-boosting in HL. I’m kind of interested in doing a “casual speedrun” of HLS, or a speedrun as good as I can do it, but I keep getting a “memory can’t be read”-error every time that I try to play a demo - this pisses me off!

Now this would be cool to see, also is that error coming up in console or a error box?

QUOTE (CptCool @ Dec 11 2009, 02:47 AM)Now this would be cool to see, also is that error coming up in console or a error box?It’s an error box and after pressing “ok” (the only option) the game shuts down. I’m really tired of this but might go through all possible solutions tomorrow, but I’ve already tried reinstalling HLS once (and that didn’t work).

Yeah. I have the same demo problem. Someone should email valve. <_<

I’m getting the same damn error, I sent a email to Valve with a picture of the error, I’ll post what get back in here.

QUOTE (CptCool @ Dec 25 2009, 03:58 AM)I’m getting the same damn error, I sent a email to Valve with a picture of the error, I’ll post what get back in here.Please do!So you’re all getting that error as soon as you try to play a demo, right?You reminded me to try to fix this problem so I’ve been searching lots of forums and just tried to google the problem - I’ve got 12 “solutions” and I will try them when I get time. Most of them are quite simple though, such as “Disabling Background Applications”…I will post here when I’ve gone through my 12-solutions-list. Crosses fingers for luck

I have talked to a few people today playing HL:S, told them to try to record and play a demo, it crashed for all of them. I have also put in a support ticket as well as a 2nd email seeing as how Valve doesn’t really respond the first time around.

When I emailed Valve about the ep1 run, I emailed Yahn Bernier, and I got a response from him. He might not have worked on HL:S, but maybe he’ll talk to someone who did for you?

Any response from Valve is usually pretty good. If we can get a whole update on HL:S just for us though, it would be awesome. :lol:

I put in an email to them Wednesday and a ticket Friday, haven’t heard shit, whats Yahn’s email?Edit: I sent the email to contact@valvesoftware.com

… Beginning to lose faith. :frowning:

QUOTE (CptCool @ Dec 29 2009, 11:53 PM)I put in an email to them Wednesday and a ticket Friday, haven’t heard shit, whats Yahn’s email?Edit: I sent the email to contact@valvesoftware.comInexistence should know… Come on, help us! :PTomorrow I’ll have some free time, I might see if my “12-solutions-list” will do any good. Please God/Allah/Buddha/Shiva/insert your God here let something work!!edit: It’s so weird because it never used to be a problem in the past. I mean we even had a “HLSource DQ”-run in the workings a year ago or so…

Oh yeah… I had forgotten about that. :expressionless: Have there been any updates since you ran it?

QUOTE (typical @ Dec 30 2009, 03:31 PM)Oh yeah… I had forgotten about that. :expressionless: Have there been any updates since you ran it?Not any updates that I know of.I just went through the “12-solutions-list” and nothing worked. Settings at the lowest, all background softwares were turned off, verified the integrity of the game files, defragmented game cache, deleted config-files, deleted old save-games, used additional launch settings (+mat_forcehardwaresync 0 +snd_async_prefetch_priority 1), increased my computers Virtual Memory, (reinstalled before and that didn’t help), some minor weird changes that were suppose to help… still that “memory could not be read” error. Damn.Valve? Yahn? We need you!

Hmm. I’m going to ask Demonstrate when those demo’s were recorded that he put in this youtube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vH210ikJfoHopefully then we could completely un-install the game completely and patch by patch go to the spot when demo recording worked. The trouble is that do patches get removed when you un-install?

This has just recently started to happen. We’ve never had this problem before.

But has there even been any updates to HLS that we know of? Although I guess it could have been some generic source-engine update that messed up HLS. I don’t know, I’m lost. Our fate is in the hands of Valve and Yahn (if Inexistence still knows his email)…

[-]October 10, 2007 - Valve Uncrates The Orange BoxValve is pleased to announce the official ‘uncrating’ of The Orange Box, now available on Steam. The Orange Box features three top-rated new games by Valve: Half-Life® 2: Episode Two, the second installment in the Half-Life 2 episodic trilogy; Team Fortress® 2, the sequel to the game that put class-based, multiplayer team warfare on the map; and Portal, the game that blends puzzles, first person action, and adventure gaming to produce an experience like no other. To bring gamers up to date with the Half-Life 2 universe, The Orange Box also includes Half-Life 2, the best-selling and highest-rated action game series of all time, and the episodic debut Half-Life® 2: Episode One—together, more than 30 hours of award-winning gameplay. Purchasers of the PC version of The Orange Box who already own Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode One can conveniently “gift” them to a friend from within Steam. All games included in The Orange Box are available separately or as part of two exclusive Steam collections: The Source Premier Pack and The Valve Complete Pack.[-]March 8, 2006 - Source and Half-Life 1 Dedicated Server Update ReleasedUpdates to the Source and Half-Life 1 Dedicated Server have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:BothReduced CPU spikes and overall load during server operationFixed serveral crash bugs on Linux systems running older GLIBC versionsHalf-Life 1 Dedicated ServerClamped the size of the WeaponList network message to prevent a potential buffer overflow exploit (found by Niall FitzGibbon)[-]January 9, 2006 - Source Engine Update AvailableUpdates to the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:Source engineFixed problem users with ATI cards were experiencing with overly shiny cube maps[-]October 3, 2005 - Source Engine and Half-Life 1: Engine Updates AvailableUpdates to the Source Engine and Half-Life 1: Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:Source EngineFixed loading error when trying to debug Source MODs using the SDKFixed a startup crash in Windows 98Half-Life 1: EngineFixed name exploit causing client crash[-]August 10, 2005 - Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source and Source Engine Updates AvailableUpdates to Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:Counter-Strike: SourceAdded validation of custom player model and weapon materials. Custom materials must be VertexLitGeneric with only $baseTexture and $bumpmap variables definedSource EngineFixed “not logged in” error not displaying properlyFixed not being able to run internet game servers for Source Mods in a debuggerHalf-Life: SourceEnabled low violence content for low violence users

Double postTransgenic86:4/9/2006 - 4/29/2006Ages ago, basically.Since I think Transgenic is (Canadian?) this is April 9th 2006 right?If that’s right then it’s the Orange Box update that screwed up demo recording. Confirmation please? (On the date, not un-install and re patch.)