Phase 1

I think it’s about time we got started on Phase 1. We all seem to have some good routes, and it would help us get HL:S finished faster if we got started now. So who’s up for it? Anyone and everyone is welcome to join.

Planners (In alphabetical order):
-BhaaL
-CooL
-cRZYFST
-DaleLewill
-Demonstrate
-Inexistence
-Miraj
-quadrazid
-TYPICAL

I’ll post more details as soon as I get somewhere that has reliable internet.

We had started Phase 1 before already… I still have the times from the first few maps and I have the video of that uploaded too:

Yes, I know, but did you guys finish it? It seems that there’s plenty more routes to be discovered in HL:S. I should rename this topic to “Resuming Phase 1”

Also if you or Dale still have the beginning segments, we’d love to have them.

We had started

Meaning, no, we didn’t finish it. I have the demos if you want them.
Edit: Demos: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=05LM3SCD

HLSDQ Phase 1 demos (so far).

I added the four maps that I think we completed, not sure about the 4th map but it’s a very nice run of DemonStrate and I’m not sure it could be improved really (the map was c1a0b).

So we’re just going map-by-map again right? And I guess this thread replaces the “The Teleporter that Takes you to Xen”-thread considering routes, tricks and what not.

Oh and CooL: Please just call this thread Phase 1 :stuck_out_tongue:

If we do the test-chamber the normal way it will take about 1min 3seconds. It takes ~30seconds to get the cart to the right position to do a VOB to the level-change trigger that's located HIGH up in the air - so hitting that trigger would definitely be faster. But the problem remains: How the hell could we survive the landing?

I have a theory on how to do it. :slight_smile:

There's an demo in my first demo-pack that shows a VOB up to the window actually. I was the one who mentioned the vortigaunt-boost... but it seems that EVERY object on the map is removed during the level-change. I don't know if the vortigaunt would be removed, that's why I mentioned it, but I'm pretty certain that it would Sad

Yeah… the vortigaunt gets removed when you start the next map. Source is sometimes too clever.

Another thing that we could try, though it's pretty desperate: There's a big piece of stone that falls down at the start of the next level, it bounces around and maybe it's possible to use the physics of that stone to be thrown up to the window? Doubt it, but HL2-physics have been nice to us in the past...

The thing about the illusion of physics with things like that is that if you can get inside of them then they will often boost you out. Not sure in what direction though.

Sure, would love to help, allthough planning probably isn’t my strongest area at all :-\

On another note, I still havent found a way to install HLSP bunny, any help would be much appreciated ::slight_smile:

On another note, I still havent found a way to install HLSP bunny, any help would be much appreciated

Wut? You’re not trying to install it onto HL:S are you?

The way I did it is by putting the files in every possible HL1 folder.

Not trying to install, rather make it work, I’ll try that method :slight_smile:

Error: Could not load library client, same as before :-\

HL:S doesn’t require a bunny mod seeing as how there isn’t a cap on the speed. With HL1, place the folder into your HL1 directory, then restart steam.

Oh lol facepalm

Nevermind my stupidity ;D

Put me on the list too :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad we’re getting such a big team together ;D

I found something interesting out about Tau-Reflect boosting. The boost it gives you doesn’t modify by the amount of health you lose. This basically means that we could could have 100h 100A and a Tau-Reflect boost would still boost you the same amount. By combining this with damage boosting we could potentially go twice as far with a single bound.

Credit goes to DaleLewill for finding the trick though I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

If we do the test-chamber the normal way it will take about 1min 3seconds. It takes ~30seconds to get the cart to the right position to do a VOB to the level-change trigger that's located HIGH up in the air - so hitting that trigger would definitely be faster. But the problem remains: How the hell could we survive the landing?

I have a theory on how to do it. :slight_smile:

Hmm… care to tell? :stuck_out_tongue:
There's an demo in my first demo-pack that shows a VOB up to the window actually. I was the one who mentioned the vortigaunt-boost... but it seems that EVERY object on the map is removed during the level-change. I don't know if the vortigaunt would be removed, that's why I mentioned it, but I'm pretty certain that it would Sad

Yeah… the vortigaunt gets removed when you start the next map. Source is sometimes too clever.

I hate that Source is “sooooooo clever!” >:( But then again the fact that Source IS so clever makes it possible to get into the Blast Pit burner room, which would have been really complicated otherwise due to the “open door through wall”-trick used in HL.

The bold part: I DID NOT KNOW THAT! :smiley: That’s pretty good to know, though I wonder how many times, if any, the trick will be used in a HLS-run. Time will tell I guess…

How the hell could we survive the landing?

Here’s the theory: http://www.filefront.com/16192331/theory.dem.

That's pretty good to know, though I wonder how many times, if any, the trick will be used in a HLS-run. Time will tell I guess...

More theory on how a triple boost would work: http://www.filefront.com/16192415/tripleboost.dem

This was a hasty TSA I did trying to do a reflect boost and a double damage boost across the canyon. As you can see in the demo I noclipped a bit so that I could show you where we should land to avoid fall damage (ramp sliding up that little bit I noclipped onto). Another thing to notice is that I only take 40 damage worth of boost and I mess up the reflect boost. IT’S JUST THEORY I CAN’T BE ASKED TO WORK ON IT RIGHT NOW! :smiley:

I’ve bought the game, steam is downloading atm :slight_smile: I’ll give it a try.

(Should I use a ehrherhtorrenterheh for demo recording? link?)

EDIT: Well, the game kind of sucks compared to HL1, but it will be a interesting speedrun anyway. I would like to run some segments.

Maybe I’m missing the point here, but that doesn’t work for me. VOBing into the trigger high up in the air either before or after pushing the cart into the test rays doesn’t do anything for me. However, if you push the cart into the test thingy and then go up the ladder and stand on top of a lamp, you’re not getting teleported. Unfortunately this renders the game unbeatable. Looks to me like we don’t have any other option except doing it the way it’s supposed to.

Edit: This here is in response of tooley’s giant_elevator.dem. Unless somebody already thought of it… I’ve lost the overview of what’s been posted already and what’s not.

Here's the theory: [url=http://www.filefront.com/16192331/theory.dem]http://www.filefront.com/16192331/theory.dem[/url].
Now the question is: How do we get to that place? :P
More theory on how a triple boost would work: [url=http://www.filefront.com/16192415/tripleboost.dem]http://www.filefront.com/16192415/tripleboost.dem[/url]

This was a hasty TSA I did trying to do a reflect boost and a double damage boost across the canyon. As you can see in the demo I noclipped a bit so that I could show you where we should land to avoid fall damage (ramp sliding up that little bit I noclipped onto). Another thing to notice is that I only take 40 damage worth of boost and I mess up the reflect boost. IT’S JUST THEORY I CAN’T BE ASKED TO WORK ON IT RIGHT NOW! :smiley:

BANG! A triple boost could probably work, but where would it be usefull? I mean, can’t we do that map just like SW did it?

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4612289/[PC-Non-Steam]Half-life_Source[DIGITALZONE]

Oh, btw guys: What do we do about the out-of-sync sound?

Maybe I'm missing the point here, but that doesn't work for me. **VOBing into the trigger high up in the air either before or after pushing the cart into the test rays doesn't do anything for me**. However, if you push the cart into the test thingy and then go up the ladder and stand on top of a lamp, you're not getting teleported. Unfortunately this renders the game unbeatable. Looks to me like we don't have any other option except doing it the way it's supposed to.

Edit: This here is in response of tooley’s giant_elevator.dem. Unless somebody already thought of it… I’ve lost the overview of what’s been posted already and what’s not.

Bold part: Are you hitting the right trigger? The grey-square-thingy high above the ramp? I think I saw images of the trigger that I posted 4 years ago in DemonStrates “Phase 1 pack”. I also posted a demo called “cartjumptotrigger” that shows the VOB-trick (but that demo doesn’t work for me for some reason).

Nice gap demo! I’ve never really tried that broken-bridge-jump but I like what I saw in that demo. Oh, and I doubt I’ll get that segment :stuck_out_tongue:

Now the question is: How do we get to that place?

Super good air control. :-\

Oh, btw guys: What do we do about the out-of-sync sound

I don’t think you get any desync when playing the demo’s back with the regular version of HL:S. :slight_smile:

Nice gap demo! I've never really tried that broken-bridge-jump but I like what I saw in that demo. Oh, and I doubt I'll get that segment

We can’t take too much damage when going down that elevator. :-\

Anyway. Demo of me doing that bridge gap without having the extra boost from the fall. :slight_smile:

http://www.filefront.com/16198077/bridge_gap.dem