Gunman Chronicles

So here’s a trick similar to the one in quad’s GMC video that me and a friend found.
It allows you to skip the explosives training and gain access to the elevator early, without killing the NPC (the instructor).

Haha! nice skip.
Can’t wait for more videos from you.

Nice find, but that video was a little lengthy imo (or maybe it wasn’t I don’t really know this game)

Just a quick update to say I’m still working on this run, it’s coming along VERY slowly (busy) but I’m working on it when I have the time.

I’m going to be posting more videos (I’ve also re-uploaded the old ones) that are gunman-related (running included), as well as other GoldSRC related videos.

If you’d like to see them as soon as they get uploaded, you can subscribe to youtube.com/pjchl1

When I’ve completed all of the segments for the intro part of the game, I’ll upload a private video of the run up to that point so people can give it some constructive criticism, just so I know if there’s anything I need to work on before I continue the run.

I’m almost done with the first part, I’ve recorded all the segments up until the shooting range.

I’m sure quad mentioned somewhere in this thread that it’s possible to script the weapon modes, but I can’t seem to find it. Is this possible or not? If so, how? I have absolutely no idea on how to write scripts, however if there is a guide out there (again, I’m sure I’ve seen one), I’d be willing to learn it.

I love the work you’re doing on this run! Will be waiting for more videos :slight_smile:

I'm sure quad mentioned somewhere in this thread that it's possible to script the weapon modes, but I can't seem to find it. Is this possible or not? If so, how? I have absolutely no idea on how to write scripts, however if there is a guide out there (again, I'm sure I've seen one), I'd be willing to learn it.

I played around with the modes a little. I believe that the scripts that are on the dropbox have some mode changes already.

It’s pretty easy to find out what you need to add to scripts to change the modes of weapons. Whenever you change the mode of your weapon in game, check the console. The console outputs the command that is used to change the weapon to that mode.

Therefore just add that command to the script that you’re using.

For example if I change my shotgun settings to something like:

Shells 4

Then cust_24 will be output to console. Adding that to a script or even typing it into console will change shells to 4.

Yeah, very nice!

There is sadly no GMC dropbox anymore. But here’s an example of how it could look like:
alias chem “weapon_SPchemicalgun;cust_21;cust_41;cust_31;cust_15”
bind t chem

Cool, that’s pretty helpful, I’ll look into it soon and re-record those segments. I’ve actually recorded all of the segments to the first part of the game (obviously they are not final) and am now in the process of editing the clips into a video, so I’ll let you know when that goes up.

There’s a dropbox folder.
Taken scripts from the file inside the folder:

//feel free to add or edit /quad

//bunnyhop
alias +bhop “+jump;w;-jump;w;+jump;w;-jump;w;+jump;w;-jump;+jump;w;-jump;+jump;w;-jump;w;+jump;w;-jump;+jump;w;-jump;w;+jump;w;-jump;+jump;w;-jump;w;+jump”
alias -bhop “-jump”

//bunnyhop loop
alias +auto “alias name jumpy;jumpy”
alias -auto “alias name”
alias jumpy “+jump;wait;-jump;wait;cmd name”

bind key +auto

//tripple duck
alias +tripple “+duck;w;-duck;w;+duck;w;-duck;w;+duck”
alias -tripple “-duck”

//shotgun boost
alias boost “weapon_shotgun; cust_24;cust_11;cl_pitchup 180;cl_pitchdown -180;+attack;w;-attack;lastinv;lastinv;cl_pitchup 89.999;cl_pitchdown 89.999;force_centerview”

//chemicalgun boost
alias boost2 “weapon_SPchemicalgun;cust_21;cust_41;cust_31;cust_15;cl_pitchup 180;cl_pitchdown -180;+attack;w;-attack;lastinv;lastinv;cl_pitchup 89.999;cl_pitchdown 89.999;force_centerview”

//object boost @ 100fps
// obbo1000 = 1000 units/second
alias obbo2000 “+use;w11;-use;+jump;w;-jump”
alias obbo1500 “+use;w10;-use;+jump;w;-jump”
alias obbo1300 “+use;w9;-use;+jump;w;-jump”
alias obbo1000 “+use;w8;-use;+jump;w;-jump”
alias obbo800 “+use;w7;-use;+jump;w;-jump”
alias obbo600 “+use;w6;-use;+jump;w;-jump”
alias obbo500 “+use;w5;-use;+jump;w;-jump”

//demo record
alias dem1 “stop;record demo1;say recording demo1;alias recdemo dem2;w;pause0”
alias dem2 “stop;record demo2;say recording demo2;alias recdemo dem3;w;pause0”
alias dem3 “stop;record demo3;say recording demo3;alias recdemo dem4;w;pause0”
alias dem4 “stop;record demo4;say recording demo4;alias recdemo dem1;w;pause0”
alias recdemo dem1

alias pause1 “host_framerate 0.0000001;sensitivity 0”
alias pause0 “host_framerate 0;sensitivity 2.5”//SENS

bind X recdemo

//reset keys
alias re “-attack;-attack2;-back;-duck;-forward;-jump;-left;-moveleft;-moveright;-moveup;-movedown;-reload;-right;-use:-speed;+mlook”

//wait
alias “w” “wait”
alias “w2” “w;w”
alias “w3” “w2;w”
alias “w4” “w2;w2”
alias “w5” “w4;w”
alias “w6” “w3;w3”
alias “w7” “w6;w”
alias “w8” “w4;w4”
alias “w9” “w7;w2”
alias “w10” “w5;w5”
alias “w11” “w9;w2”
alias “w12” “w6;w6”
alias “w13” “w9;w4”
alias “w14” “w9;w5”
alias “w15” “w9;w6”
alias “w16” “w9;w7”
alias “w17” “w9;w8”
alias “w18” “w9;w9”
alias “w19” “w9;w10”
alias “w20” “w9;w11”
alias “w21” “w9;w12”
alias “w22” “w9;w13”
alias “w23” “w9;w14”
alias “w24” “w9;w15”
alias “w25” “w9;w16”
alias “w26” “w9;w17”
alias “w27” “w9;w18”
alias “w28” “w9;w19”
alias “w29” “w9;w20”
alias “w30” “w9;w21”
alias “w31” “w9;w22”
alias “w32” “w9;w23”
alias “w33” “w9;w24”
alias “w34” “w9;w25”
alias “w35” “w9;w26”
alias “w36” “w9;w27”
alias “w37” “w9;w28”
alias “w38” “w9;w29”
alias “w39” “w9;w30”
alias “w40” “w9;w31”
alias “w41” “w9;w32”
alias “w42” “w9;w33”
alias “w43” “w9;w34”
alias “w44” “w9;w35”
alias “w45” “w9;w36”
alias “w46” “w9;w37”
alias “w47” “w9;w38”
alias “w48” “w9;w39”
alias “w49” “w9;w40”
alias “w50” “w9;w41”

put “exec autoexec.cfg” into config.cfg?

Try this:
http://wiki.sourceruns.org/wiki/Setting_up_userconfig_file

+exec not_autoexec_or_userconfig_but_still_cool_because_launch_option.cfg

Does it play in the video editor?

Nice! btw do you speak spanish? yo también :slight_smile:

Thanks. No I don’t haha, I’m actually English, I downloaded the English version of GunmanToSteam but for some reason the campaign still plays in Spanish. I had to replace all of the audio files with the ones from my original copy. This is a problem I’ll fix later on when recording becomes more important.

Could someone please send me the furthest developed speedrun of this game? I picked it up today and I’ve found some stuff, just want to make sure that I don’t post old stuff that you guys already know of here.

I believe there’s only one run of this game at the moment. Currently I’m going through with the run without watching it to develop my own routes, but I would like to see it, so if someone who has it could upload it, it would be much appreciated.

Nice work PJC! The things I thought about was to lower the fps when NPCs are about to turn around. And possibly choosing better spots to segment to avoid cut off sounds (or unnecessary editing work to fix sounds).

Tricks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJTDNfvjCBw
Bunnies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_dbIkk0Kaw
Full speedrun by downup 54min: http://youtu.be/z2aGUlDVDaE

Thanks for the feedback quadrazid! I’ll redo this and create a plan as to where I’ll place my segments to avoid cutoffs.

Would you know anything about changing the text back to English? I definitely downloaded the English version of Gunman Steam, strange that the campaign is still in Spanish.