Favourite moment of hl2dq

I think my favourite part in the movie is sugas part from 1:19:50 to 1:20:20, its so much mayhem and those combines dont stand a chance. Lots of weaponswitching makes it even more intense.Its hard to choose one because there is so much good stuff in this movie.Other high ranked stuff is the stuck barrel jump at 0:46:14 and the roller mine jump at 0:47:47 and ofcourse the insane orbjump at 1:29:00.

I agree, they’re all great moments. 0:15:57 to 0:16:02 also made me chuckle when I first saw it, as did 1:03:24 to 1:03:58. :lol:The on-foot runs in canals_03 and canals_11 to 13 are really nice too. I also enjoyed much of Nova Prospekt.

My favourite parts are:canals_11_p2-canals_13 andcoast_01-coast_10I can watch it forever =)

Including all those parts you mentioned above, I also like the boat jump at 19:40 by Fu3l3d

I’d have to say the rollermine jump in Highway 17. Made my jaw drop first time I saw it.The speed throughout Highway 17 and Sandtraps is very impressive, and very fun to watch.

I can’t pick the best part, it was all good. Except listening to them talk, but there wasn’t anything to do about that.

QUOTE (Guest @ Mar 25 2006, 01:15 AM) I’d have to say the rollermine jump in Highway 17. Made my jaw drop first time I saw it.The speed throughout Highway 17 and Sandtraps is very impressive, and very fun to watch. agreed. highway17 and sandtraps were probbably my favourite moments of the movie (mostly because i havnt seen them before). but everything about this run was perfect imo, love you runners!edit: ofc i love the rocket and mortar(s) on the gunships in d2_prison_01and what lag.com said, sugas run on the first map of follow freeman, when i first saw the demo i was about to write a love letter!

havnt’ d/l it yet lol :lol:

I love Nova Prospekt run :slight_smile:

Got 3 questions here about a few interesting parts I didnt understand: :DHow do the jumps at 15:58 and 47:48 work?And what the hell is that thing at 21:50 about, does that open the door? strange exploit o_O

QUOTE (Guest @ Mar 25 2006, 06:26 PM) Got 3 questions here about a few interesting parts I didnt understand: :DHow do the jumps at 15:58 and 47:48 work?And what the hell is that thing at 21:50 about, does that open the door? strange exploit o_O 15:58, taken from tricks.txtedit: look at next post47:48taken from questions guide.txt===========d2_coast_05===========Q.) So Gordon can just pop into the air at random now? Does the HEV suit come with springs on the feet in this game?A.) The first jump is thanks to an antsy rollermine popping out of the ground at the exact moment Gordon passes over it.21:50this is a real beauty and maximus explained it as============d1_canals_08============Q.) The alarm always go off for me on this map, and the giant doors always close. What did he DO?A.) This is the first example of enterclipping, as described in the HL2DQ Tricks text. There is a trigger at the entrance to the big open area, that if passed sets off the alarms and closes the doors. It is fairly thick, so finding a way to skip it was a bit of ingenuity on my part. I discovered that while in an airboat, the section of the airboat that sets off a trigger is near the middle, but not exactly in the center. There was actually more of the airboat that could be exposed to a trigger without setting it off in the FRONT of the airboat than in the back. If you tried entering the airboat while it was on the other side of the trigger while it was facing forwards, even with the maximum distance away from the airboat that it takes to be able to get inside, there was not enough room to avoid setting off the trigger. When I found how the sections of the airboat that set off triggers were divided, the solution was simple; turn the airboat around! And that’s my story. Say, are you still reading this? A golden sticker for you!

Yeah, the Questions Guide was made for these types of questions.By the way, for your answer to his first question, that wasn’t a collision boost. The answer to it is also in the Questions Guide :P============d1_canals_02============Q.) Liek, that iz tottaly teh sped hax.A.) What? If you bunnyhop on slime, such as the kind found on the downward ramp here and in the sewer on the last map, you essentially gain the same speed as a bunnyhop but without leaving the ground, accelerating you FAR faster than normal bunnyhopping.

One of my favorite parts is along the coast when Gordon is moving so freakin’ fast, he jumps AROUND (rather than over) the force-shield on both sides of the big, long bridge. I’ve been trying to recreate those jumps, but I always have to AHK with a piece of wood to go over instead.All the trigger skips getting in and out of the airboat were pretty awesome too.One thing I’ve been wondering… Were any console cheats used to slow the game down for ultra-precision when making the demos? I have no idea how some parts of the run could be possible by any human playing the game at normal speed. I’m no speed run purist, so it doesn’t matter to me either way.

Definitely not. You can check any suspected map by opening the console while watching the demo and it will show you what console commands are put in (pretty sure at least)

Well I can only be 100% sure about myself, and the answer is a resounding NO! :)I’m also pretty freakin’ confident in my fellow runners, and since our skills are pretty closely matched I’d have to say no for them too. You have to understand that we’ve been running this game since last year (some of us a little more), and after hundreds and hundreds of tries you tend to get better.What part specifically are you thinking of, by the way?

Any of you runners, Maxy, LightningX and Suga mainly, play HL2: DM/Pro? And what other games do you/have you played?Cheers.