- Leave Alyx to talk shit to Barney. Grab one of the black suitcases
- When Alyx has opened the door and drop down, crouch with the suitcase just above her head. You need to teleport her as soon as she starts walking. She’ll teleport to the top of the stairs. It’s a difficult one.
- When Alyx has wished Barney good luck, you should try to teleport her again over to opening the gate. Again, difficult. These two aren’t necessary, but will obviously make a faster time and you lose nothing from failing at them
- When she drops the gate, bunnyhop down the corridor, drop the suitcase and turn the valve as soon as you can. If done fast enough, you can get it so as soon as Alyx is able to crawl under it, she will. The strider spawns here, so we want it done as fast as possible
- Use the suitcase to wallclimb up onto the ledge above the valve (Watch route demo)
- Grab a barrel, drop down into the next area, then wallclimb over the fence, over the train and jump onto the ladder, have rocket launcher out too.
- Get out rocket launcher, climb the ladder, and start pelting the shit out of the strider
- Make sure you don’t pick up more than one rocket at a time, so you’re always fast rocketing it. Use the crate if you need.
- When it dies, quickly run to Alyx. She’ll come to you and start talking. Then go to the console so when she follows you, she’s near it
- As soon as she goes on the console, get into the train, wait for her to join you
- As soon as the train sets off, stop the demo and make a save (Just for the rest of it, not an officially timed segment but we need it in the video)
Italics means it’s optional
Yeah, the route demo’s one demo, but it’s obviously not perfect. We might need to check out when the strider can first be damaged, because it seems to me it’s only at a certain point, which is why I waited in the demo.
Segment 1: Completed: 1:02 Phase 1 time: 1:33
Segment 2: TTB: 0:35 Phase 1 time: 0:55
Final Time: ?:??
Phase 1 Time: ?:??
Time saved from Phase 1: ?:??
Edit: updated ttb with 35s by Fox