- Run in with the metal from the previous level, quickly take out all combines. Take as little damage as possible as we won’t be refilling until near the end, where we don’t get very much health.
- Wait for the bitch to finish talking. Wait with the metal next to the room that’ll be opening soon. As soon as it opens, walk in. There are a few ways to do this, but you have to get on top of the elevator doors very quickly. You can place the metal at a slant and collision boost off of it, then grab it with the gravity gun a few times to get you higher, just get on top of the doors with the metal and hang the metal out over the big elevator drop
- Save here, as this is too hard to do in one segment.
1)You have to get to the bottom of the elevator without taking fall damage. To do this, either drop down and use the metal to break your fall on the way down, or do as I do in the route plan and fire it down, then land on it in a certain way to take no damage. There are a few ways to do this. One is to fire it and have it land on a slant against a wall, then land on that slant and maybe sprint against it to take no damage. Another way is my way on the route plan. Fire it down, and as you’re about to get there, lift it up with the gravity gun and fire it down again. I have NO idea how I did this, it was just random. The last way happens very rarely. Fire it down, and it may get stuck between the elevator and the wall. Sometimes, it will be so that there is a gap between the top edge of the metal and the wall. If you fall into this gap, you’ll take no damage. Use any of these ways and don’t take any fall damage.
2) Save here (This I’m not sure about, but it seems the best way)
- Put the metal on the edge, grab an orb, stand on the metal, then fire the orb at the side hanging off the edge. As soon as you fire, turn and grab the metal as you’re going through the air. Land on the platform and go through the doors.
- Hop down the hall, grab the orb on the right of you, turn and fire it into the orb catcher.
- Begin bunnyhopping down the hall again, but do it backwards and at the same time gravity gun the monitor from the computer towards you.
- Exit the hall and set up the metal on the edge that is right in front of you, with the bit sticking up on it.
- LOAD THE SAVE.
- Grab an orb and fire it at the side of the metal hanging off
- If done right, you will be flung up and off of a slope, firing you forward quickly into the hallway for the 3rd chamber. Hop down here.
- Ignore the guards as you bunnyhop down the corridor. (I think that if you do it too fast, the guards will come back later on and shoot you. Something to test?)
- Shoot the door and jump through the gap, hop down the hallway, then down the orb firing range
- Shoot away the door, turn and grab an orb, press yourself against the doorway place, crouch and fire the orb into the catcher (Still inside the orb firing hallway)
- Kill the combine
- Grab an orb through the broken window, crouch in the right position and fire it at the centre generator through the gap (DO NOT DROP DOWN)
- Grab another orb through the broken window, crouch in the right position and fire it at the left generator through the gap.
- Grab another orb through the broken window, turn and fire it into the orb catcher.
- Grab the door you shot away earlier to get into the room and place it in front of the door.
- When your gravity gun is zapped back to normal, pick it up and hop down the corridor to Alyx
- At a certain point in this, save and stop your demo. (I prefer mid-jump, so you can hold jump and forward while loading and you don’t lose your speed, so maybe on the long stretch while hopping towards the elevator)
- Load the save.
- Run straight INTO the elevator, place your door down and do a gravity jump to get back over, BRING THE DOOR WITH YOU
- Drop the door in that room, and run back to the other room where Alyx usually is to activate the trigger for the cutscene (You have to wait until she’s walked backwards to the computer before activating, else she’ll just stay there. You’ll get the timing after a while)
- Run back in there and listen to her. Make sure to refill your health and armour as much as you can. (You should get whatever health and 30 armour. You cannot get any more armour)
- Listen to her. It’s obviously important stuff.
- Make sure you’re in the room when she says stuff about Judith, since you need to activate a trigger for Judith to talk
- Run and wait at the elevator for a while. Make sure the door is over there with you. At some point Alyx should take a few steps towards you. This just gets her a bit closer than she normally should be, so should be a bit faster. Wait there.
- Wait for Alyx to open the elevator, leave the door on the floor, run to the elevator.
- Step inside for a second, to active the trigger for the combine, then run back outside, grab the door and wait.
- Stay on the right hand side until the combine come through the doorway. If done right, you should be able to kill the combine without losing health. I think one shot is possible, but two is easier. Collect all of their weapons. This should give you a fully stocked Pulse Rifle (With 3 orbs) and 1 grenade. This grenade is VERY important. Sometimes it seems the grenade doesn’t spawn, which is a big shame and it is NECESSARY.
- Quickly run into the elevator. Wait and listen to the bitch talk, then as quick as you can run forward and activate the trigger when the elevator gets far enough down.
So yes. A LOT of work.
As always, give me suggestions if you think the route is wrong or could be made better.
Okay, new method for this organisation, because god it’s stupid that we never know who to talk to if they’re running or not
Confirmed Runners for citadel_03:
Segment 1: Completed 0:48
Segment 2: Completed 0:08
Segment 3: Completed 0:08
Segment 4: Completed 0:53
Now, everyone who wants to run a certain segment, or is currently running or whatever, POST AND TELL ME, or message me and get me to add you in. If you are not on this list, I will NOT confirm whether you are finished or not with the segment. I’ll ask the people on the list running the segment whether or not they are happy with the current demo. Of course, even if you’re not running you can mention improvements, but it ultimately comes down to the runners.
edit: Changed route 23/9/09