Author Topic: Phase 1  (Read 12602 times)

Centaur1um

• SourceRuns Admin
  • Spammer Member
  • Don't rock the boat.
Phase 1
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:31:52 »
I think it's about time we got started on Phase 1.  We all seem to have some good routes, and it would help us get HL:S finished faster if we got started now.  So who's up for it?  Anyone and everyone is welcome to join.  

Planners (In alphabetical order):
-BhaaL
-CooL
-cRZYFST
-DaleLewill
-Demonstrate
-Inexistence
-Miraj
-quadrazid
-TYPICAL

I'll post more details as soon as I get somewhere that has reliable internet.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:25:09 by CooL »
[1:46:19 PM] WindedCone: ill call 9/11 on you

DemonStrate

• If we were you, we would quit now.
Re: Phase 1
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 17:24:16 »
I think it's about time we got started on Phase 1.  We all seem to have some good routes, and it would help us get HL:S finished faster if we got started now.  So who's up for it?  Anyone and Everyone is welcome to join. 

Planners:
-DaleLewill
-CooL
-TYPICAL

BhaaL, Demon, quadrazid?  Would you guys like to help?

I'll post more details as soon as I get somewhere that has reliable internet.

We had started Phase 1 before already... I still have the times from the first few maps and I have the video of that uploaded too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vH210ikJfo
"I think we can put our differences behind us... for science, you monster."

Centaur1um

• SourceRuns Admin
  • Spammer Member
  • Don't rock the boat.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 17:25:49 »
Yes, I know, but did you guys finish it?  It seems that there's plenty more routes to be discovered in HL:S.  I should rename this topic to "Resuming Phase 1"

Also if you or Dale still have the beginning segments, we'd love to have them.

DemonStrate

• If we were you, we would quit now.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 17:28:27 »
Yes, I know, but did you guys finish it?  It seems that there's plenty more routes to be discovered in HL:S.  I should rename this topic to "Resuming Phase 1"

We had started

Meaning, no, we didn't finish it. I have the demos if you want them.
Edit: Demos: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=05LM3SCD
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 18:40:52 by DemonStrate »
"I think we can put our differences behind us... for science, you monster."

DaleLewill

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 18:36:24 »

HLSDQ Phase 1 demos (so far).

I added the four maps that I think we completed, not sure about the 4th map but it's a very nice run of DemonStrate and I'm not sure it could be improved really (the map was c1a0b).

So we're just going map-by-map again right? And I guess this thread replaces the "The Teleporter that Takes you to Xen"-thread considering routes, tricks and what not.

Oh and CooL: Please just call this thread Phase 1 :P

TYPICAL

• Ex-Admin
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 01:08:14 »
If we do the test-chamber the normal way it will take about 1min 3seconds. It takes ~30seconds to get the cart to the right position to do a VOB to the level-change trigger that's located HIGH up in the air - so hitting that trigger would definitely be faster. But the problem remains: How the hell could we survive the landing?

I have a theory on how to do it.  :)

There's an demo in my first demo-pack that shows a VOB up to the window actually. I was the one who mentioned the vortigaunt-boost... but it seems that EVERY object on the map is removed during the level-change. I don't know if the vortigaunt would be removed, that's why I mentioned it, but I'm pretty certain that it would Sad

Yeah... the vortigaunt gets removed when you start the next map. Source is sometimes too clever.

Another thing that we could try, though it's pretty desperate: There's a big piece of stone that falls down at the start of the next level, it bounces around and maybe it's possible to use the physics of that stone to be thrown up to the window? Doubt it, but HL2-physics have been nice to us in the past...

The thing about the illusion of physics with things like that is that if you can get inside of them then they will often boost you out. Not sure in what direction though.
I'm still not...

BhaaL

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 03:19:08 »
BhaaL, quadrazid?  Would you guys like to help?
Sure, would love to help, allthough planning probably isn't my strongest area at all  :-\

On another note, I still havent found a way to install HLSP bunny, any help would be much appreciated  ::)

TYPICAL

• Ex-Admin
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 04:00:55 »
On another note, I still havent found a way to install HLSP bunny, any help would be much appreciated

Wut? You're not trying to install it onto HL:S are you?

The way I did it is by putting the files in every possible HL1 folder.
I'm still not...

BhaaL

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 07:28:07 »
Not trying to install, rather make it work, I'll try that method :)

Error: Could not load library client, same as before  :-\
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 07:48:41 by BhaaL »

Centaur1um

• SourceRuns Admin
  • Spammer Member
  • Don't rock the boat.
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 07:45:03 »
HL:S doesn't require a bunny mod seeing as how there isn't a cap on the speed.  With HL1, place the folder into your HL1 directory, then restart steam.

BhaaL

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 07:52:14 »
Oh lol *facepalm*

Nevermind my stupidity   ;D

Inexistence

• Ex-Admin
  • Yes, Inexistence is a word
    • Source Runs
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 07:52:25 »
Put me on the list too :P

Centaur1um

• SourceRuns Admin
  • Spammer Member
  • Don't rock the boat.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 07:53:42 »
Glad we're getting such a big team together ;D

TYPICAL

• Ex-Admin
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 08:30:24 »
I found something interesting out about Tau-Reflect boosting. The boost it gives you doesn't modify by the amount of health you lose. This basically means that we could could have 100h 100A and a Tau-Reflect boost would still boost you the same amount. By combining this with damage boosting we could potentially go twice as far with a single bound.

Credit goes to DaleLewill for finding the trick though I guess.  :P
I'm still not...

DaleLewill

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 08:49:33 »
If we do the test-chamber the normal way it will take about 1min 3seconds. It takes ~30seconds to get the cart to the right position to do a VOB to the level-change trigger that's located HIGH up in the air - so hitting that trigger would definitely be faster. But the problem remains: How the hell could we survive the landing?

I have a theory on how to do it.  :)
Hmm... care to tell? :P

There's an demo in my first demo-pack that shows a VOB up to the window actually. I was the one who mentioned the vortigaunt-boost... but it seems that EVERY object on the map is removed during the level-change. I don't know if the vortigaunt would be removed, that's why I mentioned it, but I'm pretty certain that it would Sad

Yeah... the vortigaunt gets removed when you start the next map. Source is sometimes too clever.
I hate that Source is "sooooooo clever!"  >:( But then again the fact that Source IS so clever makes it possible to get into the Blast Pit burner room, which would have been really complicated otherwise due to the "open door through wall"-trick used in HL.

I found something interesting out about Tau-Reflect boosting. The boost it gives you doesn't modify by the amount of health you lose. This basically means that we could could have 100h 100A and a Tau-Reflect boost would still boost you the same amount. By combining this with damage boosting we could potentially go twice as far with a single bound.

Credit goes to DaleLewill for finding the trick though I guess.  :P
The bold part: I DID NOT KNOW THAT! :D That's pretty good to know, though I wonder how many times, if any, the trick will be used in a HLS-run. Time will tell I guess...