Spider-waffle's Half-life run on SDA

Hmm… I don’t know anything about HL1, but is the final video out for this yet?

http://files.filefront.com/Half_Hour_Half_…;/fileinfo.html

Seems to be slightly better quality than the YouTube one. Possibly a rip of the one on Google Video.Codec: DivX 4Resolution: 480 x 360Frms/sec: 60Duration: 36:02

QUOTE (WTF108 @ Jan 10 2007, 09:12 AM)Cause Spider still has to release a high quality video !I thought RandomEngy was encoding the speed run for him, like RandomEngy did for Half-Life 2: Done Quick.This speed run is AWESOME. I thought RandomEngy’s speed run was good, but this is even better. I should really play Half-Life and learn it, so when Black Mesa source, we could perhaps speed run it :slight_smile:

QUOTE (Pincus @ Jan 12 2007, 02:15 AM) QUOTE (WTF108 @ Jan 10 2007, 09:12 AM)Cause Spider still has to release a high quality video !I thought RandomEngy was encoding the speed run for him, like RandomEngy did for Half-Life 2: Done Quick.This speed run is AWESOME. I thought RandomEngy’s speed run was good, but this is even better. I should really play Half-Life and learn it, so when Black Mesa source, we could perhaps speed run it :slight_smile: Yea man! Black mesa will be a lot different though, it will be hard to speed run I think.The beta is coming out soon, can’t wait it looks great!Oh, and that run seems amazing, I mean the old record was 45 mins and this is 30, right?

Yeah true that.I honestly don’t know why he called it half-life half-hour or whatever, when the run actually goes for 36 minutes (or something like that).But yeah, it’s about 10 minutes quicker than the other one.

QUOTE (Pincus @ Jan 13 2007, 11:40 AM)I honestly don’t know why he called it half-life half-hour or whatever, when the run actually goes for 36 minutes (or something like that).In HL1-runs the timer starts at the second door in the beginning - RandomEngy’s run starts at that door. Also in HL1-runs the timer stops when Nihilanth is killed.So the intro (the train ride) is not counted and the G-man speech is not counted. That’s why the playtime is considered 29:41 (not official SDA time, but it will probably be the same…)QUOTE I thought RandomEngy was encoding the speed run for him, like RandomEngy did for Half-Life 2: Done Quick.I believe that RandomEngy did convert all the demos into a uncompressed movie-file and then sent this to Spider-Waffle. Spider-Waffle then compressed it and encoded it into all the qualities that SDA requires.And isn’t the new run just beautiful?..

I watched it last night, beautiful it is!Was the old run ran on the Steam version? Did it use HLSP?HL1 patched HL1:MP on Steam and it put a cap on bhopping in HL1:SP, so this guy used the old version of HL1. HLSP is a mod that fixes this but it also messes up other stuff.

Yeah, it’s an awesome run. I’ve posted a bit in the thread, and I think he used Half-Life v1.1.0.6 for the entire run.So now i’ve got myself this version, and I am doing his run. I can do most of the tricks, but the trick with the “physics” objects where he gets insane speed I just cannot do. I tried for like five minutes and only managed to do it twice, and it was a complete fluke :\

He stated that he started in 2003 and ended in October 2006, which means part of it was on Steam, too.You guys need to think once in awhile :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure?

QUOTE (CaLeB- @ Jan 15 2007, 10:24 AM)He stated that he started in 2003 and ended in October 2006, which means part of it was on Steam, too.You guys need to think once in awhile :PWhat does that have to do with…anything? I play HL1 and HL:BS normally even though Steam was released. I don’t really see your point.Besides, RandomEngy (who captured Spider-Waffle’s demos) said this on SDA:QUOTE (RandomEngy)I captured all the demos for the run. It was off a vanilla install->patch update; no mods were required.

Yeah, that’s why I was confused.So does this mean the “You guys need to think once in awhile” comment got CaLeB- owned or something :wink:

QUOTE (DemonStrate @ Jan 16 2007, 08:14 PM)He didn’t use the steam version. He only used that v1.1.0.6 for it. You don’t have to update the original game. I could go get my original disk, install it, and play it right now without Steam.That was a much better explanation of what I tried to say. Steam is not needed to run HL1 nor does Steam identify HL1 and make it Steam:ized.QUOTE (Pincus @ Jan 16 2007, 03:16 AM)So does this mean the “You guys need to think once in awhile” comment got CaLeB- owned or something ;)Well in his defense, he is right! We do need to think once in a while…From a philosophical standpoint, it is undoubtedly important to think. René Descartes once said:"I think, therefore I am"Makes you think doesn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Makes no sense to me :\

QUOTE (Pincus @ Jan 17 2007, 05:54 AM)Makes no sense to me :\Haha, yeah it’s a bit trippy :stuck_out_tongue: From a philosophical standpoint that theory can be discussed. But I think it basically means that:How can you prove that you exist? Well the fact that you think proves it. Your existence is proven by your own thoughts - philosophically, no other human does truly exist nor does material I guess. You can only prove to yourself that you truly exist.So for me, YOU do not exist philosophically. Neither does my parents. I do exist to myself.Or something, who cares!.. :lol: (note that I haven’t studied philosophy so I could be wildly wrong!)Still…it makes you think.On Topic:I hope Spider-Waffles run will be verified soon so we can see it in high-resolution!! :smiley:

How do you know that I don’t think so well that I can make you think you think? Try making sense of that :stuck_out_tongue:

DNA =)

I don’t understand the purpose of that post.

Either you don’t think so well that you could make him think he thinks he can make you think what he wants you to think or he is just messing around with you. I’ve no idea. :rolleyes: