sp_a2_bridge_intro

Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a2_bridge_intro - Route (DemonStrate)
Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a2_bridge_intro - Route - Update 1 (DemonStrate)
Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a2_bridge_intro - Route - Update 2 (DemonStrate)
Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a2_bridge_intro - Route - Update 3 (DemonStrate)
Portal 2 - sp_a2_bridge_intro - Route (Scepheo)
Portal 2 - sp_a2_bridge_intro / sp_a2_bts3 / sp_a2_bts1 (coolkid)
Portal 2 - sp_a2_bridge_intro (coolkid)
Portal 2 - sp_a2_bridge_intro (coolkid)

Minor timesaver: sp_a2_bridge_intro_01.dem/youtube

Looks like Demon’s route with the timesaver would be the fastest.

Nope.

Wow! Did you portal stand to hit the button? Also, while this seems faster, I wonder if getting up some bunnyhopping speed would make the jump from the first bridge to the second and around the corner more fluid/faster.

Here’s my proposed route from start to finish for this map.

http://glench.com/demos/sp_a2_bridge_intro.dem

Few things here:

[ul][li]needs more/better bunny-hopping[/li]
[li]not sure if it’s faster to hit the button then fire bridge portal or vice versa[/li]
[li]when the box gets caught in the glass like that, you need to pause a second before it gets forced out and tossed onto the button otherwise it’s very hard to get the box in the right spot consistently[/li][/ul]

Edit: clarification on third point.

Your route is slightly incorrect, after you bump the cube through the glass you shoot a portal to the other side as you enter the one next to the glass like this.

I’m quite certian that my new route is faster because you can pre-bhop before you enter the first portal and you can also do a reportal to give you extra speed after you’ve hit the button.

You need to step up your bhopping, that wasn’t very pretty to look at. No offense.

I was just trying to get the route down. Bhopping can come after we get the route down. And good call on shooting from the bridge.

I don’t understand what kind of route you’re thinking of, please upload something.

Edit: grammar.

Alright, here’s the latest route with more shitty bunnyhopping. I think the route itself is pretty solid.
http://glench.com/demos/sp_a2_bridge_intro_2.dem

Ok well i took this route tonight and finaly got it around ok’ish.
I could improve a few things but i think it shows how Glench Route is ment.
Done it in 0:55 but surely i think it can be done under 50 seconds.
Espesialy if i get to the point where the earlier cube would be cought on the bridge. (I think it would save 1-2 seconds)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/493554/sp_a2_bridge_intro_8.dem

My Modified Version of this i ran before could be also improved.
Maybe i could shoot both portals while bhoping and run through the portal, push the button and keep the speed.
0:53 for this demo.
Also some of the tricks i’ve done in the other demo i didn’t do here.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/493554/sp_a2_bridge_intro_3.dem

Posting demos makes me sadface. I just don’t like that I have to do work to simply watch the route. :’(

And rendering Video’s for youtube makes me sadface :smiley:

Next time you’ll get a Youtube video from me :stuck_out_tongue:

Tell that to startmovie which can’t encode avis on mac.

Might be 1-2 seconds faster than the ‘intended’ speedrunning way with correct execution (I shot the orange portal in the wrong place after exiting the ceiling portal and my execution was sloppy)

Oh I like that. A lot less running and a lot easier portal placement. Great find.

Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a2_bridge_intro - Route - Update 2

This reportal should save some time. Awesome.

My route:

I posted a demo of this exact route already :P. It’s definitely faster to shoot a portal from the bridge after you push the cube through the glass instead of backing through the portal and shooting one (this is what you did). I forget what this trick is called.

I think it’s currently up for debate whether it’s faster to shoot a portal underneath the first button or behind it. Shooting next to the button makes for a harder shot to get the light bridge through and a lot of twirling around to actually hit the button. Shooting behind the button makes it an easier shot but you have further to go. You also gain much more momentum in the latter, but who knows.

Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a2_bridge_intro - Route - Update 3