sp_a1_intro7

Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a1_intro7 - Route (DemonStrate)
Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a1_intro7 - Route - Update 1 (DemonStrate)
sp_a1_intro7 - Rafters cut (bandit5k)

If you circle jump into the portal from the left of it your angle and momentum are just about perfect to land on that rafter. I got in 9 out of 10 times.

Are you using a script? No way I can bunny hop like that with my mousewheel… :frowning:

Edit: Also, you don’t have to put “Demonstrate (?)” to everything. “DemonStrate” works just fine. :slight_smile: I put in my video description of my segments if I found the route/glitch or not, and if I didn’t, then I put the person’s name who did.

Yeah, for testing/routes I’m using the AHK script. I don’t have my modified freewheeling mouse that I used at the start of HL2:DQ(sickly awesome jump spam!) anymore so I’m going to have to do something about that…

I’m assuming that we’ll be doing the final run with the mwheel though, I’m just lazy. :wink:

It is just you get some awesome speed… I don’t see why I should care about SDA’s rules, because that looks way more badass to move that fast throughout the levels. It is like the floor is made of butter. Also, it is faster. It just amazes me, actually, because everyone else is using mouse wheel or just jumping. God dammit.

The thing with Portal 2 is that your base movement speed is pathetic. 170ups! This means that any and all ground movement will provide SIGNIFICANT improvements in speed to just holding forward. Zig-zagging is back in fashion kids.

http://wiki.quakeworld.nu/Bunnyhop#Zig_Zag

If you don’t pick up Wheatley, you can portal out of the exit room of this map, which places you at a different location on sp_a1_wakeup. So far I’ve only been able to get out-of-bounds or into areas blocked off by invisible walls, but if you could somehow get enough height before intro7 ends, you could get on top of the invisible walls and skip many seconds of the main path of sp_a1_wakeup.

I haven’t figured out any way to gain enough height in the start room of intro7, though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4533383/promising_HQ.mp4

maybe re-portaling would fix this?

Don’t think so. Remember you only have the single portal gun at this point, so the orange portal is stuck on that slope on the wrong side of the room to where you have to end up. Plus you have very little time.

Still, feel free to try. I’ve already tried everything I can think of without success so really I’m just putting this out there for you guys to experiment with.

Portal 2 - Phase 1 - sp_a1_intro7 - Route - Update 1