while doing a segmented Portal run, i was sick of either overwriting my Demos all the time or having to rename the demos after each run. So I wrote a small tool that changes the demo filenames and can even put them in a new subdirectory to the usual Portal Folder.
This allows you to count the number of demos you recorded, prevents accidental overwriting of successful demos and so on.
Id like to share the Project (which is still way Alpha) with any Source Runner.
Please tell me what you think, id be happy to add new features to it.
PLEASE NOTE: The Program is still in a very early stage. Use it thoughtfully, you can get it to crash thousandfold, so why even try? Try to get it working before trying to crash it. I am planning a full rewrite which should be fool-proof.
I can supply the sources (C++) if you like, please note here that the code is probably the worst ever written. As I said, full rewrite upcoming.
A readme is included.
- Create demonames via a format specifier.
- Creates subdirectories if required.
- Unique demonames - no file gets overwritten (as long as your format is correct )
- Logging (for debug purposes)
- Wonderful GUI
- NEW! Format specifiers for map, player name, and time! Save your successful demos in the sourceruns naming scheme
- Update tool
- GUI (done)
- Changing parameters while the app is running (started)
- A Button (or global hotkey) to automatically save successful demos with another naming format (done)
- Easier installation, maybe an installer (probably unecessary)
- Demo playback support + demo browser
- Save backup + demo matching
Any Questions, just ask.
If the tool does not work, read the readme. If it still doesnt work after having done the installation as described in the readme, please pm me with the following information:
- OS (Win XP, Vista, Win7)
- The log file generated (If there is)
- Your config.cfg file
- Additional information, such as error messages etc.
- Has the SEDT.cfg been created?
This helps alot. Thank You.