Reportal glitch fixed

WHAT? Since when does Valve fix glitches?

just some hours ago

http://bit.ly/7jE3pz

Damn you Valve! Time to not run Steam, I guess?

It’s already too late for that to some people.

FUCK, I loved that glitch, what about Excursion flying?

It is possible to disable automatic updates, why not just run the old version?

I probably will end up doing that.

No, it isn’t. It’s merely possible to postpone updates. DemonStrate threw a fuss over this once (he threw it at Valve though, 'twas a good fuss) methinks. As soon as you try to start Portal it’ll start the update anyway.

Edit: this also means I’ll just not run Steam until a sure-fire solution is found. Way too busy with life to play games anyway.

I see… Shouldn’t it work if you run steam in offline mode?

Not really helpful if you mainly/only played co-op :frowning:

damn

Best solution

Sure seems to be. Steam seems to refuse running in offline mode. Something along the lines of:
Steam: “Yeah I can’t connect to the server, shall I start offline?”
Me: “Uhm… Yes please.”
Steam: “Well yeah I tried running offline, but I couldn’t find a server when I did so I’m just not gonna run at all instead, kay?”
Me: “Fuck you too Valve, fuck you too.”

I was a casual speedrunner anyway. So I guess I’ll just abandon this.

I have version 2.0.0.1 (Skidrow) and button save glitch don’t works.

Sure seems to be. Steam seems to refuse running in offline mode. Something along the lines of:
Steam: “Yeah I can’t connect to the server, shall I start offline?”
Me: “Uhm… Yes please.”
Steam: “Well yeah I tried running offline, but I couldn’t find a server when I did so I’m just not gonna run at all instead, kay?”
Me: “Fuck you too Valve, fuck you too.”

I lol’d

Well I can run the Pre-DLC version of the game in steam just fine? Although I did notice that sometimes, Steam will change my setting of “Do not automatically update this game” to “Always keep this game up to date” randomly. So I guess I’ll keep a backup of my Pre-DLC backup in a .rar file, just to be save :slight_smile: