randomengy

just looked on speeddemosarchive and saw that randomengy has the best speed for half-life (without using the bunny hopping tool thingy & on hard mode) so id just like to give him an applause :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks. Though I did use a little in-game script that hit jump three times real fast when I hit the spacebar. All of the HL runners used either an ingame script or mousewheel jumping to help with bunnyhop timing. You can speedrun without it but it’s an excercise in frustration to start over a segment for the 100th time because you missed one jump out of so many.

Don’t hl1 runners use this script ?:alias +bhop "alias _special @bhop;@bhop"alias -bhop "alias _special"alias @bhop β€œspecial;wait;+jump;wait;-jump” bind β€œSPACE” "+bhop"It works same as with AHK

AHK loops the bind, that script must be repeatedly pressed. It does allow you to be more inexact in your timing though.Also helpful is that in HL1, strafejumps were large enough to jump across half a room. In HL2 they are much smaller.

I used the 3hop script. The special script might have worked but I never looked into it. _special was disabled in the HL mods I played so I had never used it.

with the special alias you just need to hold down the jump key all the time, vry easy :DI use it for AG and i made my BS run with it

archived #7