Portals

There is a new game coming out with HL2: Episode 2.Its called… Portal!Check out the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpdCi5XpCsE…hp%3Ft%3D167056The possibilities of this are endless! I can’t wait to try it out. Its also multiplayer of course.Valve is working with the creators of the game Narbacular Drop with Portal. The game also uses portals and is a mini 3d puzzle game. Try it out if you are interested. Valve hired most of the Narbecular Drop crew to make Portal.Again, this is being shipped with HL2: Episode 2 along with Team Fortress 2.Episode 2 will be a MUST BUY!

Amazing! I imagine you could get some insane speed if you rigged yourself to fall forever. I hope it’s a long game and the portals aren’t limited to certain locations or something to prevent ‘abuse’.

Nice. The teleports are like the ones in Prey - very cool :slight_smile:

I think I just came in my pants…

Looks good for speedrunning :o

Yep, this speed run will be INSANE, I can tell.I really don’t care if its a long game or not. The community will make tons of very challenging maps that you can try solo or with others online.I cant wait for ep 2 now hehe.Release dates will be around christmas.Some other games coming out are splinter cell double agent, spore, UT3, crysis, and stalker.:o

STALKER and UT3, UT3 for its engine mainly :)And who is the community?

I think I should go change my pants or something, they’re begining to go crusty.Can’t…stop…watching…

*Double post

QUOTE (Calvin @ Jul 21 2006, 04:03 PM)QUOTE (jimsfriend @ Jul 19 2006, 03:13 AM) Amazing! I imagine you could get some insane speed if you rigged yourself to fall forever. I hope it’s a long game and the portals aren’t limited to certain locations or something to prevent ‘abuse’. From what it seemed, you could only portal on smooth surfaces, in the demo there were the grey walls which you could hit, then there were brown walls that looked rough and uneven. There needs to be some constraints to where you can portal, otherwise everything would be trivial.You’re right; it will most likely be just like Narbacular Drop. You can put “portals” on dirt, but not on metal. Dirt in Portal is smooth surfaces and metal in Portal are the uneven brown/copper looking walls I believe.If there were NO constraints it would be like noclip I think…Anyway:Since my hard drive was “dead” (errors/bluescreen) for a couple of days I have been playing Narbacular Drop on my dads PC (integrated graphics card, low FPS). But even though it runs badly on his PC I’ve played it a LOT these few days. I just can’t wait for Portal!Portal looks just amazing (not only talking graphics) and I’m almost sad that I can’t play it right now! :frowning: Imagine: Portal + TF2 + EP2 in the same package! Thanks Valve! :smiley:

I think he means smooth as in a flat brush, like not terrain…?

Narbacular Drop?

QUOTE (Pincus @ Jul 23 2006, 02:36 AM)Narbacular Drop?Info here:http://www.nuclearmonkeysoftware.com/overview.htmlQUOTE (Wikipedia)Valve Software is releasing a professionally-developed semi-sequel to Narbacular Drop entitled Portal. It is expected to be released Fall 2006, bundled with Half-Life 2: Episode Two, for PC and Xbox 360. Some or all of the original Drop team are now employed at Valve.It has been confirmed that Portal is to be set within the Half-Life universe, though how it will tie in with Half-Life history is at this point entirely unclear.

they have speedrun vids at the downloads section as well :slight_smile:

Theres a mod for prey that makes a portal gun.Heres a little example video I made:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8068182611464998510EDIT: Check out the Nuclear Monkey Software Forums. They have lots of new maps for Narbecular Drop, and this is what they say about Portal:QUOTE (Jeep)Although we can’t comment on anything related to Portal at the moment, feel free to discuss it amongst yourselves.