Old Version of Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Hey guys,I am going to make a Half-Life 2: Deathmatch frag video, and most of the footage is from demos which I can no longer view do the VALVe’s so called “updates”. So what I need is a pirated version of Half-Life 2: Deathmatch BEFORE the HDR update. I know some of you have the pirated version of Half-Life 2, but what I want is Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.Thanks,- Gordon

Do you have legal fully updated latest hl2+hl2dm ?If yes, then it is easy to make “old” demos working =)First, get hl2v7b2455 update here (5.5mb) http://files.filefront.com/hl2v7b2455backu…;/fileinfo.html2nd - unrar it anywhere but not in steam folder3rd - if your steam install folder is not typical (c:\program files\valve\steam) then open steamenu.ini with wordpad and at line “basedir” write your path to “steamapps” folder, where GCFs are located4th - at that hl2v7b2455backup folder create subdirectory “hl2mp” and copy there file “GameInfo.txt” from your current hl2mp folder5th - start hl2.exe from hl2v7b2455backup folder with “-game hl2mp” command line, it should startDon’t forget to turn on console at keyboard options =)Now all you need is copy your “old” demos to this hl2dm folder and play themIve tried this myself just a couple of seconds ago, it worked for me =)

Hey Pincus, let us watch you frag-video when it’s done…ok ? :wink:

Wow. Thanks for that. It worked! I will post a link to the video once I have finish it. That might be in about 1 month or so. It will be full of 1v1 frag high lights and maybe a few dm tricks :)- Gordon

nice. I’m looking forward to it B)

Glad that it worked for you =)I like q3 movies, but never seen any hl2dm movies, and will wait for it.

OMG. Stupid update. I am just about to go through all my 1v1 demos, and I cannot open it. It complains about friendsui.dll something. Ive tried everything! I cannot even open HL2 with the old engine :(HELP!

:wink:http://s7.invisionfree.com/HL2DQ_Temp_Foru…hp?showtopic=79