NGHL raw input?

I got into speedrunning HL recently and what I noticed when I launched NGHL is that it, unlike the steam version, doesn’t have an option to enable raw mouse input (which I’ve been using for a long time in other src/goldsrc games). Is there a way to enable it in NGHL?

You mean disabling Mouse Acceleration?
By default, it should have it disabled when you install it (provided that you launch with the shortcut created on the installation).

NGHL uses an older version of Half-Life (which was made way before Steampipe version), so most of the features introduced in Beta version (such as enabling raw input) of Half-Life Steam are not there.

You can try this (these instructions are only useful if you’re running on Windows 7, as far as I know, Windows XP already has raw input):
Make/edit the shortcut of your NGHL hl.exe, and add these launch options into the Target section:

-noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd
The whole Target section should look something like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Half-Life\hl.exe" -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -dev

if it still won’t work, try a program called RInput or one of these tools (though some people claim that they’re not working; they might also disable mouse acceleration COMPLETELY from Windows, not just Half-Life.) - Cheese MFix and Mark C Mouse Fix.

Personally I prefer playing with mouse acceleration, but from what I’ve heard, launch options won’t completely disable mouse acceleration, so RInput might be the best for this. I don’t know how the steam version Raw Input works so you should experiment with both methods and see which one is best for you.

Good luck!

I forgot to mention that I’m already using -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd (on both steam and nghl). I’ve also been using the Mark C mouse fix for as long as I can remember.

RInput solved my problem, though, thanks a lot!

Glad it worked. Happy running! :slight_smile: