Movies

Hi guys.Maybe you will do movies too i got crappy HL2 and cant look your “speed demos”. What you say about this idea ?P.S. sorry for poor english.

thats like, the purpose with this whole project. there will be a movie once the run is done

Yes, there will be a final movie once we are finished, but in the meantime, here’s some useful advice for running demos.Download the demo (they all come in .rar’s), unzip it, put the file that ends in .dem and doesn’t have a _2 in it in your Steam/SteamApps/YourName/Half Life 2/hl2 folder, then go in the game and press the tilde button (looks like this, ` or ~) to open console, then type “playdemo blahblah.dem”, but in place of the “blahblah.dem”, put whatever the filename is. Then wait for the demo to load. If you don’t understand some of that name which part.I think we only have the coast demos up on this site though, so I guess you’ll only get a taste of what’s to come :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

QUOTE (Max)I[muS-X,Sep 16 2005, 03:47 PM] Yes, there will be a final movie once we are finished, but in the meantime, here’s some useful advice for running demos.Download the demo (they all come in .rar’s), unzip it, put the file that ends in .dem and doesn’t have a _2 in it in your Steam/SteamApps/YourName/Half Life 2/hl2 folder, then go in the game and press the tilde button (looks like this, ` or ~) to open console, then type “playdemo blahblah.dem”, but in place of the “blahblah.dem”, put whatever the filename is. Then wait for the demo to load. If you don’t understand some of that name which part.I think we only have the coast demos up on this site though, so I guess you’ll only get a taste of what’s to come :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I think he’s simply unable to run correctly HL² because of his low performance PC :slight_smile:

Max]I[muS-Xi know how record demo, play demo and etc. And “Ad&Hoc” i got normal computer/fps. I got not licenced HL2 so i cant play demo, HL2 shows some errors and something else, but not want to play demo.

Yeah, you need HL2 to be “patched” to be able to play the demos since the format changed.

So basically, buy the real version. :wink: