Means of communication

Since people don’t seem to be too much in favor for IRC, I’m guessing will use the steam group chat function? I might as well throw up a poll, but I think I know already what the result will be. Assuming I’m correct, this would require everyone who’s in the run to be a member of the Source Runs group. If you don’t know how to join the chat just PM me and I’ll help you.

By the way, does anyone know if it’s possible to save logs from the steam chat? Also, this group chat doesn’t necessarily have to make the IRC obsolete (though I guess it already kinda is), since the chat would be primarily for the run itself, and the IRC channel is for everything sourceruns-related.

Josh - perhaps we’ll need a new admin or two for the chat? Not that I think that there will be a cause for one, but it would be nice to have if something were to come up. But that’s not a priority anyway.

I don’t know if there’s anything else to be said. Suggestions? Ideas?

Steamchat log.
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=840880
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99606/steam%20log/steam_chatlog_b4fix.rar

Steam probably works best for most people as it is accessible in-game, although there seems to be no real way of logging everything that is said (I guess I could try and hack up a macro on my server copy-paste everything in the Steam window…), although I’d prefer IRC, that way I don’t miss anything that is said :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Ninja’d, I saw that logging tool earlier, but it only works for single-user chat :frowning:

I voted Steam, much prefer it. Igge, I gave you Officer rights, and fiddled with the settings to make it so you can appoint new officers if need be, and kick peoples and stuff. <3

I was thinking of “manually” logging everything that’s being said as well. However, Steam has a bad habit of losing connection every now and then, at least for me, so you never know what you miss. I’m sure it’ll work out though.

Thanks Josh. I’m pretty sure there won’t be a need even for me to have admin rights, but I think it’s for the best. Just to be safe. 8)

I see many people replying to this topic, but so far we’re only 2 people in the chat. What are you waiting for!?