HL2:Ep3 or HL3?

I haven’t seen any final information on the name but after all these years it surely can’t be just an ‘episode’. Yet I only see the game being called as an Episode 3 and never as HL3. Imo only Half-Life 3 would be a perfect name for the game. What do you guys think?

I think its gonna be “Half-Life: Episode 3”.

If it would be Half-Life 3, we would encounter completely different story, with new stuff.

Half-Life 1 - Black Mesa Incident
Half-Life 2 - Combine Invades Earth
Half-Life 3 - Something new. (Maybe its about borealis? o.o)

That’s why I think like that.

Half-Life 1 - Black Mesa Incident Half-Life 2 - Combine Invades Earth Half-Life 3 - Something new. (Maybe its about borealis? o.o)

This.

Yeah that does sound sensible. My concerns would be people mistaking the ‘episode’ part of the name as a short-length episode, like the two previous games were. But I don’t know if that’s really probable. I don’t know if people generally would see big of a difference between HL:EP3 and HL3 other than that HL3 as a name is simpler and catchier. Anyway thanks, your comment had me really thinking there, HL:EP3 could just be the best name for it.

My concerns would be people mistaking the 'episode' part of the name as a short-length episode, like the two previous games were.

The only reason they’re short-length is because we’re playing them. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d be seriously disappointed with Valve if we did go to the Borealis in HL3, and if they did do an Episode 3. 4 years for a fucking 3 hour episode. C’mon valve.

Isn’t the trilogy of episodes meant to be Half-Life 3 sort of?

Half-Life 1 - Black Mesa Incident
Half-Life 2 - City 17 and the Citadel destruction (it’s HL2)
Half-Life 3 - Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3 (it’s not officially HL3 but the episodes have their own story-arch which isn’t part of HL2’s)
Half-Life 3 - Something new (The official HL3, maybe the aftermath of the Borealis incident?)

One of the two official concept-images that Valve has shown does have the sign Borealis on it so I think (and kind of hope) that Ep3 end with Borealis since that seems to be where the episodes have been taking us all along - it would be an logical and perfect end of the episodes story-arch.

I still think, and hope, that a HL3 will be released after these episodes. The episodes were interesting, they’re an interesting concept so I understand why Valve went that route, but I would rather wait 4-6 years for an full game. This whole idea with episodes, especially the fact that they were supposed to be released faster, is turning out to be a huge joke when you consider the the lenght of the episodes. And if Ep3 is 3 hours long I will cry… just a little bit.

Yeah, the episodes are supposed to make up HL3.