hl source dq hint

at the bit your currently at (were you are in the room overlooking the test chamber) you can get on top of the scientist that opens the door saves somewhat 3-5 seconds i carnt remember all you have to do is just use the arms of the chair the other scientist is sat on

QUOTE (cdlink14 @ Apr 30 2006, 10:05 PM)at the bit your currently at (were you are in the room overlooking the test chamber) you can get on top of the scientist that opens the door saves somewhat 3-5 seconds i carnt remember all you have to do is just use the arms of the chair the other scientist is sat onYou could have posted this in the official HL:Source thread.I know what you mean, but have you done the jump? Could you possibly post a demo of just that part? (the demo should only be a few seconds)I have tried that a week ago (or something like that) and that jump is certainly not the easiest jump (I’ve never made it at least).Could you post a demo?

DemonStrate and I have done that jump. But it sure as hell is hard.It is actually easier to crouch on the console to the right (if your looking AWAY from the testchamber), and do a strafe jump. You can hit the scientist almost the instant he starts to move…

QUOTE (InsaneB4st4rd @ May 1 2006, 12:11 PM)DemonStrate and I have done that jump. But it sure as hell is hard.When did you talk about that jump? You have done the jump from the chairs arm-rest?In your 46s runs you jump from the “control-panel” that the scientist is working with, I haven’t heard anybody say they’ve done the arm-rest jump :frowning: Do you mean before the scientist starts moving?@cdlink14:You mean BEFORE the scientist starts moving, right?

Yeah we did the arm-thingy jump before we did my panel jump version.But on the arm-rest you’re extremly limited. You have close to 0 space to move around which makes it really hard. That’s why we used the panel solution. A lot easier, alot more reliable.

QUOTE (InsaneB4st4rd @ May 1 2006, 04:19 PM)Yeah we did the arm-thingy jump before we did my panel jump version.But on the arm-rest you’re extremly limited. You have close to 0 space to move around which makes it really hard. That’s why we used the panel solution. A lot easier, alot more reliable.Why haven’t I seen any demos of it? I’ve asked if that jump is possible for some time, but nobody has said anything :blink: That’s the biggest problem, the fact that you have close to 0 space to move around, but it saves a second or something so it should be the fastest way right?Could you upload a demo of it? I don’t really have time to play right HLS…

I have a CS war today. Should be up tomorrow.

Its not faster at all, because you cant reach as far from the arm rest. That is why we used to computer console instead. I used the armrest at first, because i didnt know you could use the computer console. You cannot jump as close to him from the armrest as you can from the computer console.