Half Life 2 Done Airboat by eXeC and S

I was hoping eXeC was motivated enough to create this topic, apparently not.

We split Half Life 2 in parts and then we play those parts, but instead of walking or using the jeep, our primary transportation will be the airboat.

We bring the airboat from the beginning of the game part to the end.
This may not always be possible, luckily, the Combine aren’t so careful with locking their vehicles, so we just steal a new airboat from them should we have to abandon ours.

Coast is on youtube, which spans the maps d2_coast_01 through d2_prison_01 (the entire Highway 17 and Sandtraps chapter), d2_coast_08 is skipped:

It is done with 1 airboats.
eXeC plays from d2_coast_01 through d2_coast_10 (the lighthouse), S. takes over from d2_coast_11 onwards.

Citadel is now available too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm4Uuk3cPSo
All gameplay is done by S. This covers d3_citadel_01 through d3_breen_01, which covers the entire Our Benefactors and Dark Energy chapters. It is done with 1 airboats.

City 17 is available on youtube as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw01fgmyfbo&feature=youtu.be
eXeC forgot to put the names again, I put the times in the comments. Anyway this covers the entire Anticitzen 1 and Follow Freeman chapter, as well as the last map of Entanglement. It is done with 14 airboats

Tricks used:
Puntenter:
Punt the airboat with gravity gun, and immediately use it while it’s still nearby. You will get in the airboat.

ABH:
Spam jump while moving backwards to gain speed while on foot.

Wallclimbing:
Spam jump and use while on an object next to a wall and you will go up the wall.

Garage Upgrade:
If you leave your airboat in a garage and wander off for a while, it will get an upgrade. Note: This will not work unless there’s allies nearby.

Grenade jump:
Shockwave sends stuff flying through the air, including Gordon.

Default punt:
You can punt the airboat with the gravity gun to get it up ledges.

Crouchjump:
Hold crouch while jumping to be able to get up higher ledges.

Hit and run:
You can drive over enemies with your airboat, which kills them.

City 17 is up. Citadel failed to render tonight, gonna try again tonight.

Nice work guys!

Citadel is up! See first post

Damn it! I shouted nooOOOOooo when you’ve been almost hit by train at the coast.
And that “puntenter” trick made me jump out of my jeans, so crazy !!!
That is what I love sourceruns for, you guys always surprise me the old timer by some tricky shit.

Thanks for your feedback, doxliy! Fun fact, the puntenter trick first used in Coast, is first, and successfull attempt ever. I did it right after I tought of doing something like that. Good thing it worked, because that allowed us to save loads of time :smiley:

Reuploaded citadel due to it being squashed.

Crouchjump: Hold crouch while jumping to be able to get up higher ledges.

Hit and run:
You can drive over enemies with your airboat, which kills them.

lol ;D

meh, Garage upgrade is a better trick!