Half Life 2 d1_trainstation_01 freeze

I’m fairly new to Ghosting Mod and Source Unpack, so I can’t tell which one is causing the freezing at the very beginning of the game. After the G-Man cut scene ends, the screen flashes white, and normally the game would start in the train, but for me it just freezes and I have to restart my computer.

It seemed to have worked fine prior to today, so I don’t know why it crashes. In core Half Life 2, this map seems to load just fine. I’m using the latest versions of Source Unpack.

Could it have to do something with Source SDK Base 2007?

This sounds like its your PC not being able to handle the game properly, if you have an integrated GPU that can be a problem with HL2, also anything below Win 7 doesn’t like the unpack.

I doubt that my PC doesn’t handle the game properly. It could have to do something with the GPU, but I’m able to run Core Half-Life 2 perfectly with no issues after the G-Man cut scene and for some time, on the Unpack/SDK Base 2007 version until only very recently.

I guess I could share my PC specs:

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model: ASUS Desktop PC CM6330, CM6630, CM6730, CM6830-8 Series
CPU: Intel i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz
RAM: 8162MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 (total memory: 4044MB)

What do you mean by Source Unpack with Ghosting mod? Did you merge the two? if so that is what would be causing the freezes, otherwise the only thing I can recommend is to make a save just as white fades out on the Steam version, then load that in Source unpack rather than waiting through the cutscene.

Aren’t you supposed to load Source SDK Base 2007 with Source Unpack and then install Ghosting Mod over it? Maybe I might of messed up on the installation. Anyway, the save thing worked, thank you!

While it seems to have fixed the freezing, now all the doors are glitched (invisible) and the initial Barney texture is now just Barney rather than Combine Civil Protection. However this doesn’t seem to affect gameplay.

Where did you get that idea? Source Unpack is a standalone version of hl2 and Portal that relies on Steam verification to make sure you own the game, Ghosting mod is just a source mod with custom DLLs that you use Source SDK to play. You can’t really mix the two and have them work properly.