d3_c17_06a

In regular HL2 (pre-update)

What it will look like pulled off in the current version

I should also mention this bug is a fucking bitch to manage.

Okay someone’s gotta update me on this crouch bug. How do you do it and what’s really going on? And where is it applicable?

I guess I will since no one else knows how to pull it off. Pretty much, if you stand up too fast when you’re about to run into an angled brush from crouch, you’ll get stuck inside of it, and you pop out the other side. If you noclip into a brush, then go out of noclip, you’ll teleport on-top of it, same rules apply here.

Awesome, thanks for the answer. Now let’s go find some neat spots where we could use it!

FUCK
GOD DAMMIT
FUCK
AFTER 40 MINUTES OF TRYING TO PERFORM THIS BUG
I’M NOT GOING TO ATTEMPT IT ANYMORE
Ugh, how did I even find this fucking thing my first go around.

Give me the save and a couple of demos if you have. I’ll try some.

Here’s my little knowledge on it. I first found something like this in Half Life: Source a long time ago. I was standing in a tunnel/ vent where I could barely stand up (as opposed to ducking). I found that I could consistently get on top of the tunnel if I spammed ctrl + jump macro.

There is a demo of it on the sourceruns dropbox here:

C:\My Dropbox\Sourceruns\HL Source\routes and tricks

Called going through ceilings.

Before you get your hopes up, no. I didn’t do CooL’s skip. Sorry. I couldn’t quite get it to work, but I think I understand how to do it.

Otherwise, the route is pretty easy.

fuck

Just watched some of hl2dq. That’s a pretty badass skip, CooL. 80s.

Haha, awesome! Though on Phase 2 this is going to take a few weeks till completed :smiley:

my HL2 crashed when i tried to get trough the brush

Uh oh

Oh no

Go away S.

Only if you teach me how to merge topics.

Oh I found it

Bottom of the page, where it says MERGE TOPICS >_>