Continued use of autohotkey

Pretty self-explanitory. Go!

I’m going to base my decision on how much more popular our EP1 run gets when it’s released on SDA. If it doesn’t get much more popular then I think we should say goodbye to SDA.

I think we should say bye to SDA regardless. They’ve made their decision, I think it was totally reasonable what they did, but I also think that an ep2 run without AHK will not be nearly as good as with AHK. I don’t want to stop using it, and as long as people enjoy our runs, I don’t really mind if it’s on SDA or not.

I vote to keep using it.

It would be kind of nice to do the first hl run without scripts and on a very popular game. I reserve judgement until I’v seen what it is like without AHK though, if abhing is still OK with mouse wheel, it just depends on wall climbing.

As a member of the audience, and as an avid HL runs fan, I think you should continue using AHK because it helps make the runs as good as they are. I don’t care whether the runs are published on SDA; if they want to be strict about it, it’s their choice (and their loss) you don’t have to limit yourself to.

I agree with you moozooh.

ridd3r, abhing is fine with mousewheel. Wallclimbing is stupidly difficult. I can do it at maybe a quarter the speed of AHK wallclimbing, and we’d need all wallclimbing parts to be in their own segments.

Logitech Revolution series mice should make it possible to avoid constant mousewheeling.

I must admit when I first saw the HL2DQ run I was kinda sad to see them fly and go OoB so much. It felt kinda like they were using scripts in order to avoid the level, rather than using the level for running quickly. Basically, I felt like scripts allowed them to skip too much, and that it felt too “easy”.

And to be even more honest, I still kinda feel that way. The only difference is that I now am able to appreciate the skill that is required despite using scripts, which has left me sort of “on the fence”. Hence, whatever you choose to go with, I’m on board.

This exactly, I’d be more keen to do a no scripts run, not because of SDA but because that’s how it should be done really, but again I’ll go with whatever.

I think we should say bye to SDA regardless. They've made their decision, I think it was totally reasonable what they did, but I also think that an ep2 run without AHK will not be nearly as good as with AHK. I don't want to stop using it, and as long as people enjoy our runs, I don't really mind if it's on SDA or not.

You know what. Fuck them. Good bye SDA you stupid buncha cunts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are in-game binds/aliases and mouse/keyboard driver scripts allowed? What’s the limit?

Just to set things straight, since the run has been reset in its entirety.

It will use AHK right?

Yes.

If I (we) don’t get to do my stucklaunches because we want our run on SDA, then I just won’t run. Not to be extreme, but doing the stuff I have planned will be a lot easier with AHK, and if I can’t use it, I won’t want to try it.

Ok cool. Not sure if there’ll be propflying (I don’t think so), but that shit is undoable scriptless too.

For the HL games, using scripts makes sense. We’re likely going to continue NOT using scripts for portal runs, because it doesn’t make sense to void the SDA legality of the run when we don’t need to. But for HL games the scripts make the run more fun to run and to watch.

Exactly. Personally I’m not a huge fan of tool assisted speedruns, but HL series is kind of an exception. The glitches require so much speed that they are almost infeasible without scrips. Many of them aren’t about your skill in the game. It’ about pressing some buttons as if there was no tomorrow (while aiming to a specific spot. While shooting with the gravity gun. While going forward. Everything in the same time!)

For me, not using scrips means not using some cool glitches that I would like to see. DWAHMOV wouldn’t be the same without them, and I’m glad that you used AHK in it.

I understand that SDA don’t wanna to open an exception in order to avoid openning many others in the future, but I understand that our run wouldn’t be the same without them.