Commentary

will we do commentary for the runs?I just mention this because it was fun reading the author’s notes of Concerned :slight_smile:

audio commentary or just some captions about what he thinks and says?

just plain text in readme.txt I think. but audio or captions could be nice if someone can do it.

Yeah, I had the same suggestion in another thread.We should write them in the forum and edit them as we go. Comments map for map.

anyone good at ascii-gfx? =)

The BEST would be a *.SRT file (subtitles). You write your comments in the *.srt file and they will appear on the video, at the moments you have chosen.Check here to see what it is like : http://www2.la-tardiere.net/Lost2x01.srt

What would be the most awesome would be an audio commentary of all the runners you can muster. Save it off as a separate audio file and just have them play it at the same time the run is going. (for compatibility reasons)If you managed to get a lot of the runners in the same Ventrillo channel and recorded the audio as you played the run, it could turn out to be very awesome. The biggest hurdles would be making sure everyone has a mic and getting everyone together at the same time.

We need the movie before we can do the commentary. But I dont think we will be able “not to” release it as it is done.But its a neat idea.

haha, that would be awesome. “and a very good change over, here goes max, good control, good steady speed, oh that was a lovely turn! etc etc…” :lol:

I was thinking of making a variation where I make the voice of gordon through the game with some thoughts and interactions with NPCs, but I realised it would be too much work and I dont got a good mic either.

also, making the voice of gorden freeman would just be wrong!!! He doesnt have a voice!!

Go to Wal-Mart, there is a decent sounding desk mic for 10 bucks. I have 2 of them and they work just fine.

QUOTE (o40 @ Jan 20 2006, 10:03 AM)I was thinking of making a variation where I make the voice of gordon through the game with some thoughts and interactions with NPCs, but I realised it would be too much work and I dont got a good mic either.Have you seen 'Harry101’s video “Gorden speaks” ? He posted it on the original HL2DQ site…it’s strange but quite ‘cute’ :PBTW: The idea of having voice commentary would be really cool, but it might be hard to get everyone to speak (besides some members have left us and some aren’t good at English). But the idea is still cool!

I guess I will have to commentate the whole thing. After all, I am Gordon, the one free man.- Gordon :wink: