Okay guys, we’re here. We finally get to kill some enemies, which I’m sure everyone is excited about.
So, here’s the route I think is best. Tell me if you disagree or think something should be added/removed/changed.
Citadel_01 Route Guide:
- Bunnyhop down the corridor
- If you think it’s worth it, look to the left a little and get a little health and ammo from the recharger, just as you pass by it.
- Go to the bridge, grab an orb and fire at the left orb catcher, jumping as the orb flies into it, so you get on the bridge just as the bridge appears.
- Walk onto the laser bridge, but as soon as you can do a strafejump over to the left hand side, so you no longer walk on the bridge. This avoids a trigger that spawns the combine.
- Bunnyhop down there
- Put the two orbs into the orb catchers and begin to hop down the bridge. Consider grabbing a wild orb and flying over or underneath the trigger on this second bridge
- Kill as many combine as you can without straying from bunnyhopping down the bridge
- Get to the start of the next bridge, grab an orb and fire it at the left orb catcher, then one at the right. Do the left first as it will take longer to actually go in there, since it has to rebound.
- Bunnyhop down the bridge, again killing as many combine as you can without straying off route
- When you get to the end, either sprint-crawl through the gap or do a gravity-jump over it. I personally do the sprint-crawl, as I fail at the gravity jump
- Go through the corridors, look to your left and kill the combine very easily, just click at them a few times
- Bunnyhop along the path some more, and make sure the gunship has set off and is going to explode. You want it to already have exploded by the time Alyx gets here
- Run back and find Alyx
14) If you did it very quick, and she hasn’t jumped over the gap yet, stand at her starting point. When I did this once, she teleported straight to the other side. I haven’t tried it since. Needs testing
- Now just run forward, and lead Alyx to the end. It seems she sometimes walks, so to make her run try to stay within a certain range of her. You’ll figure it out.
- Wait for her to open the door, then run in
- Go through the corridor, and watch out for the falling metal.
18) There’s a choice here. Either grab a piece of metal now, or grab it at the start of the next map. What do you guys think? It’s there on both
And that’s all I have. Italics are optional things. Bold is things that need a choice.
Any input? And good luck with this map. Our time to beat from Phase 1 is: 1:25
The save file is in this demo archive. Good luck all!