bunnyrace_beta2 uncapped/maxFPS/aaMAX noSC 18.00

Everything maxed out for maximum memeage. :100: :ok: :ok:

MWO1.1a: 6000hz :ok: :ok:
ZizWorks: 250hz :100: :ok:
FPS_MAX 2000~ :fire: (Would of went higher but monitor only supports 250 @ 1080p & can’t remember how to make it work at 800x600)

Deffs not pay to win.

what the fug did i just watch

Isn’t fps_max capped at 1000?!
Or did I miss the point of something?

My mind is broken. Thanks bro :ok:

Air acceleration stops getting affected after 1000FPS, so 2000FPS is pretty much useless for a human.

I assume “aaMAX” is supposed to mean maximum air acceleration? What kind of value is that?

In steam client fps goes 1000+

I thought AA would not be effective at +1000fps because we only have 1000hz mice, skipping the benefits of anything higher. That’s why i used my WMO at 6000hz, but you might be right, i really don’t know.

I’m just implying a high enough number for it not to matter. 10000 or something? idk.

The FPS has nothing to do with the polling rate of a mouse.

Pretty sure goldsrc checks the mouse position once per frame.

The movement doesn’t go above 1000 fps.

Not saying you’re wrong but you’re sending mixed signals.

The FPS has nothing to do with the polling rate of a mouse.

Pretty sure goldsrc checks the mouse position once per frame.

My thought was that if you had 1000fps+ and your mouse only updated at 1000hz any extra frames would not gain you speed because your mouses pollingrate would skip frames.

The movement doesn’t go above 1000 fps.

You’ll probably right. i didn’t check :stuck_out_tongue:

To clarify what PJC and YaLTeR said, we can distinguish two kinds of frame rate:

[ol][li]rendering frame rate (how fast the screen refreshes) practically uncapped[/li]
[li]usercmd frame rate (value used in strafing/movement calculations in goldsrc) capped at 1000 fps[/li][/ol]

What you referred to is the rendering frame rate. Unfortunately, even if you could render the game at 100000 fps and play it with an infinitely fast mouse, as far as strafing/movement is concerned the game will think that it’s running at 1000 fps because the usercmd frame rate is capped at 1000 fps. And so the resulting acceleration is mathematically equivalent to that when rendering the game at 1000 fps. Polling the mouse beyond 1000 Hz will not circumvent this cap.

Even with an infinitely fast mouse, the game will simply ignore the additional mouse input when it’s doing the calculations, because the game wants to make sure the result is equivalent to playing at 1000 fps.