Autohotkey freezes my keyboard

Hello all, long time no see!

I’ve been tempted of helping with the HL2 rerun, however… as the topic says, I’m having some trouble with autohotkey.
Anytime I try to use it, after a minute or two, after pressing any key, the computer doesn’t recognise that key release, and keep it in the pressed state. This results in not being able to use movement and duck keys as the game thinks they’re still pressed.

I’ve tried different AHK versions, changing binds, using mouse to jump, but I can’t find a way to fix this, so I’m asking you guys if you know any fix.

If I can’t fix this, I’ll eventually do a SS HL2 run “without scripts” :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, I wont help you.

Oh no, seems like you gotta do a SS… ;D

Does turning AHK off solve it?

HOLY PHUCK IT’S PHOX

Wish I could help man, but idk, sounds weird, what’s AHK’s priority set at in task manager?

You mention duck… What’s the duck key bound to?

Edit: Might as well post your script as well. ^^

I’ve been trying different binds and scripts, currently I’m testing this one, which is working fine at the moment. I’ll test it a bit more, maybe I just found a way to avoid the freeze o_O

binds:

shift - +speed
mouse4 - nothing (ahk bind, spams space)
mouse5 - +duck
*f4:: Suspend, Toggle
*XButton1::
Loop
{                                       
GetKeyState, state, XButton1, P
if State = U
break
; Otherwise:
Send, {Space}
Sleep, 1
}
return

edit: I use control to duck previously, could that be the problem?
edit2: nevermind, the freeze still occur after a few minutes.

Try pressing F4 twice when it happens (toggles the script to pause and start again)
Try raising the Sleep number to 30 or 40
Try changing Send, {Space} to Send, {blind}{Space}

Those are a few things I changed to my script when I experienced trouble (and yours is exactly the same as mine was), though I haven’t encountered your problem when using it.

*f4:: Suspend, Toggle
*XButton1::
Loop
{
GetKeyState, state, XButton1, P
if State = U
break
; Otherwise:
Send, {blind}{Space}
Sleep, 40
}
return

Also, what CooL said and I asked earlier.