Auto bunny hop script for Left 4 Dead 1

hello guys.
i want know if its possible do an auto bunny hop script (addon) for left 4 dead 1

http://dropcanvas.com/ud0rf

ust use AHK, there was a plugin for L4D but iirc it crashes a lot and only works for an old version of the game.

well, i tested it and it doesnt work. in left 4 dead when you spam the +jump command minus than 40 ticks the game lock this key and you start to jump each 4 or 5 seconds. if i put the command sleep in the autohotkey more than 40 ticks is too slow to bhop because you need to jump each 0.33 seconds

It works for the rest of us, so it must be something on your end.

well, i tested it and it doesnt work. in left 4 dead when you spam the +jump command minus than 40 ticks the game lock this key and you start to jump each 4 or 5 seconds. if i put the command sleep in the autohotkey more than 40 ticks is too slow to bhop because you need to jump each 0.33 seconds

That’s pretty unfortunate. You should be able to make an AHK script that works on flat ground by adjusting the sleep time(the air time should be consistent). But for anything better than that you’d need to find some sort of bhop mod. I don’t think there’s many L4D runners in here so you’re probably better off googling.

You know, just don’t submit anything to us using this.

Surely if y_spt_autojump is okay, the equivalent L4D plugin should be too, no? I mean, it doesn’t really concern me, but I’m not really sure what’s wrong in this specific case…

Yeah I agree with that, except I’m sure I remember YaLTeR saying that it’s possible for autojump plugins/mods/tools to actually be illegit in the way that they work (not sure exactly how), so not that I’m involved with L4D but I’d much rather it be checked to make sure it is legit before accepting anything we don’t know enough about.

Also, using that logic would also mean not accepting runs that use Bunnymod Pro or BXT to remove the bhop cap or modify other fundamental mechanics (such as crowbar damage alteration) in certain GoldSrc games (I’m personally in favour of that but I’m not arguing for/against it, just pointing it out for future reference).

This is a complete guess, but the thing YaLTeR was talking about *might *be to do with jumping on consecutive frames, which is impossible. AFAIK, SPT and BXT prevent that by default.

I’m actually not in favour of modifying GoldSrc games (especially as segmented runs can just use duckrolling so there isn’t even a huge benefit), but I’m also not involved with that so I’m in no position to decide what people should do.

Really one day I should stop being lazy and run a game and then I can feel less weird having opinions.

well, i investigated the bunny hop in left 4 dead, first its impossible use ahk because there’s a max input limit that will prevent you from jumping at all. so then the only way to do a script is with a mod which modifies the game mechanics.

The way BXT and SPT autojump works as far as I’m aware is that instead of just spamming jump as fast as possible, it has a prediction system that detects when a jump is required (frame/tick perfect), so you’d just need something like that for L4D (perhaps SPT compatibility?).

check this video:

this guy done a tick perfect auto bunny hop addon left 4 dead , i would run with this script but the problem is that i cant crouch while i bhop, so i lose a lot of velocity.
i cant crouch while i bhop because to “load” the script must press a +duck key and the space key so if i bind another key with +duck command will continue no jumping

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2481067
These two work, but crash the game after some seconds… :frowning: