Aftermath changes name...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife…tml?sid=6144151It seems like Aftermath will be a series of episodes.QUOTE When asked the follow-up question of whether the new name meant that beginning of a regular flow of content, Lombardi replied, “yes.”

Hasn’t that been the deal from day one of Aftermatch. You get each chapter…

hmm, will I have to buy aftermath or is it included in hl2?

so it means they haven’t even finished the content of the first episode yet? I wonder how long it takes to complete full episodes :Panyway, more hl2, more fun. looking forward to it.

Yeah, heard of this yesterday. In one way it might be bad, since all people allready call it Aftermath. I will probably keep calling it Aftermath - that was a good name!Half-Life 2: Episode One…what will we call it? HL2:EO ? HL2:E1 ?E1DQ.net…coming soon :wink:

QUOTE RW: Aftermath adds a variety of new ways in which the player interacts with the Half-Life 2 world. Alyx, and other allies, learn new abilities to help you. Your enemies, both old and new, haven’t been resting either.Woo, more physics to exploit. Hopefully

QUOTE (o40 @ Feb 12 2006, 10:52 AM)QUOTE RW: Aftermath adds a variety of new ways in which the player interacts with the Half-Life 2 world. Alyx, and other allies, learn new abilities to help you. Your enemies, both old and new, haven’t been resting either.Woo, more physics to exploit. HopefullyYeah, that’s what I’m hoping for! The thing that interests me the most about “Aftermath” (yes, I still call it that) is the new weapons (if there will be any). I hope there will be some more crazy weapons like the grav-gun :smiley: About 2 more months to wait…Does anybody think we are going to start speed-running it also?

Since Half-Life 2 is nearly Done Quick, wouldn’t it be kind of waste if everybody just “vanished” again?Seems like this (first) expansion pack is going to be released just after this project is done, so I think it would be quite obvious to start running it, too. :wink:

ive been owned by WoW. wont be running for a while.

It will be cool to start running a new HL2-sort-of-game again. I really enjoyed finding the roots and other cool stuff in the game. I will try and go through it really quickly, because its more fun if you find it yourself, than watching somebodys demo :slight_smile:

Dale, no new info there TBH :smiley: Physics, digital actors, highly detailed enviroments, at… and the other stuff is the same old, same old. They always brag about their AI, but it sucks, If they were real players, you couldn’t take on 10 of them at the same time (well if they are noobs you could…). THey should consider making some decent bots like the CPMA bots. He bots are stupid and can barely navigate the physics… Thats my rant, I still LOVE the game :smiley: But HL2: DM Pro is still beter :stuck_out_tongue:

These images got Digg’ed of Episode 1. http://media.pc.ign.com/media/740/740555/imgs_1.htmlI looked at them for a second… and then made a gross relization. WE’LL HAVE THE SUPER GRAV GUN FOR THE GAME. THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!!! It almost sickens me to think about how much we can exploit its power. Hehehe. We’ll find someway to harness that power.

Hmm, Its possible that you fall down with the explosion and survives somehow. And thats where you see the super gravgun. I dont think it will be in the inventory when you exit the citadel.EDIT:Why is there barrels in the sky in this one? http://media.pc.ign.com/media/740/740555/img_3404497.html

they may be shells from alyx’ pistol as wellwhy is doctor kleiner on the big screen, from where breen used to deliver his speeches, in this picture? :smiley:

haha, yeah, its shells, I thought in the wrong perspective.Hehe, keliner is going to takeover the comm systems.Alyx is in a lot of those pictures, I really hope you dont need to wait for her at the maps or so.

QUOTE (DemonStrate @ Mar 1 2006, 11:55 AM)WE’LL HAVE THE SUPER GRAV GUN FOR THE GAME. THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!!!I’m not too sure of that, because if you watch the official trailer you’ll see that Gordon is holding the normal (orange) Gravity Gun (at 21 seconds in the trailer):http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=yes&id=2069QUOTE (o40)Alyx is in a lot of those pictures, I really hope you dont need to wait for her at the maps or so.I think that normal people will have to wait for her…but not us at HL2DQ :PWhat Valve has been saying basically is that Alyx is the big deal with “Afthermath” - from what I’ve understood there will be no new weapons (except for “Alyx” - now she’s great! <_< )I hope they’ll add something new except for “new improved Alyx”…

yeah, like bugged stalkers or something.I wonder if they fixed the physics in any way.

there is always a little episode we can run, custom single player, that looks really awesome. Cant remember the name atm but I remember that is was very well mapped. in the same class as valve.One of the ones I was looking for is minerva:http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/