Velocity - the bhop game

Hi creator, your game is great and has some pretty awesome potential, but I do have a problem. After I finish a map, there is a replay of my run of the level, and then it just freezes. The only thing available to me is the console.
How can I exit to main menu after finishing a level?

That’s a weird thing, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen. What version of the game are you playing on?

I’m playing on version 0.2.3d

I fixed a similar bug in 0.3, you could try out if it’s fixed in the pre-release.

When I try to launch on Linux via command line, I get the error:

*** Error in `./velocity_0.3pre2.x86': munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x0acbdbb0 ***
Aborted

I have permissions set correctly and everything, is there something I am missing to run this?

This is on version 0.3pre2

That doesn’t seem like a problem on your end, I’ll investiage tomorrow if I have time. Sorry for the lack of upates btw, I’m busy with other projects and uni at the moment :confused:

Sorry that i’ve bumped this old thread. Is the game dead, or? :frowning:

It’s not dead, but I haven’t worked on it for a few months and am now slowly coming back to it. An update is planned for next week, although it will only contain bugfixes and an account system.

I’ve always found it annoying that I can’t set the mouse wheel for jump (This might be because of unity) and that I can’t set the FOV. Hopefully it wouldn’t be too hard to implement these sometime in the future.

Edit: Nevermind. Just looked in the settings and saw the FOV slider.

just use autojump, it’s a feature in the game on purpose

Soo i downloaded the file and i dont know how to start it and i want to play. plz reply and tell me how to play it!

Pretty straight forward. Unzip the .zip file and open the .exe

it just says velocity o.3 (osx_86).app and thats it! i looked through every file and it doesn’t work!
What file is it?

Sounds like you downloaded a Mac version on Windows?

actually i had download os x because windows version doesnt have the exe in it so my problem is fixed.sorry for the mishap

this game is super (i just wish i knew how to bhop :stuck_out_tongue: ) but for some reason it doesn’t show the text. all i see is these big square blocks that look like letters. i cannot read them so i am at a loss to what to do. i have a mac and i have downloaded the latest version.

Hey danbannana, thanks for the feedback. I have heard of this bug before, but have not found a way to reproduce it yet. Can you tell me which text doesn’t show exactly?

Also, this might be a bit tricky to find (I have never done it on mac), but there should be a file called “output_log.txt” somewhere inside the game files (probably Contents/Data). If you could find that it would help me a lot.

Hey Asuro,
Thanks for the fast response. i downloaded it on my other computer (yes i have 2 macs) and its fine. the text that isn’t there is all of it. as for the file i couldn’t find it.

Hi and thanks for this super fun game!
some things i want to be added!
-new maps
like creative ones… just like the ones their is now…
-new modes
maybe backwards only? or W-only.
-playermodel
would be cool if you had some kind of playermodel.
-servers
even if there is servers on csgo or css it would still be a nice touch to have servers hosted by you or some bhop community. it would make the game more “open”
-better bhop editor/maker
its very good right now but their is some things that can be added like having more advanced options… (maybe animated blocks etc)
-fix the demos
for me on mac the demos are very bugged and can maybe be fixed…

Thanks for reading! :DD keep up the great work… :wink:

I LOVE THIS GAME!!! It’s so addictive. But I would love if you could make some surf maps! Also the earliest beta didn’t come with a .exe for some reason. I love the game and please make more surf maps <3. In my opinion surfing is way better than bhop but bhop is pretty darn fun!!