Author Topic: Object clipping?  (Read 515 times)

TheProJamer

Object clipping?
« on: September 24, 2016, 08:37:21 »
I was messing around trying to master wall climbing in Garry's Mod, and I randomly at one point managed to somehow make the object teleport to the other side of the wall, still held, but now fully on the other side without any broken physics or anything. I have not been able to replicate this since. Is anyone else aware of this odd glitch?
[7:41 AM] Centaurium: True but
[7:41 AM] Centaurium: What's more important
[7:41 AM] Centaurium: Living
[7:41 AM] Centaurium: Or livng
[7:41 AM] Centaurium: Text and drive, kiddos

BitRain

• Global Moderator
Re: Object clipping?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:45:19 »
You can do this by walking into a prop and sometimes it'll clip into you or go through the wall. But it's never instantaneous. If you did this with the physgun in gmod it's probably not useful in other source games because the physgun allows you to do things with props that just aren't possible in regular source based games, like pushing yourself into wall with a prop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToOdycoC-KA
Rama: i hope you watched long enough to see the bald guys pussy
Rama: we watched kung fu panda one time
Rama: so fucking deep

Traderain

• Sourceruns+ premium account
  • SourceRuns Admin
  • I program stuff.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041880736/
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 04:06:32 »
I was messing around trying to master wall climbing in Garry's Mod, and I randomly at one point managed to somehow make the object teleport to the other side of the wall, still held, but now fully on the other side without any broken physics or anything. I have not been able to replicate this since. Is anyone else aware of this odd glitch?
Yes its probably a Gmod thing.
Spoiler (hover to show)

TheProJamer

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 06:30:50 »
Yes its probably a Gmod thing.
Yes, the GMod physics can be messed around with a lot (even for a Valve engine), except the video BitRain linked showed use of the physgun to push yourself, rather then just using the usual E key (or whatever your use bind is) to scale the wall. It could still be called a GMod thing, however completely by conincedence and accident I found a video of Gocnak also finding the same random object clip in HL2;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEwir-b_Uqw
[7:41 AM] Centaurium: True but
[7:41 AM] Centaurium: What's more important
[7:41 AM] Centaurium: Living
[7:41 AM] Centaurium: Or livng
[7:41 AM] Centaurium: Text and drive, kiddos

SuperPcow

• Portal
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 10:26:50 »
Pushing an object into a wall for long enough will cause it to go into the wall. There's a very rare chance of this happening while wallclimbing, but it can still happen.