Author Topic: Half-Life 1 AutoSplit Mod  (Read 4273 times)

nd3644

Half-Life 1 AutoSplit Mod
« on: August 14, 2014, 08:27:17 »
If anyone is interested, I spent some time putting together a HL1 auto split mod yesterday.

Since it turned out better than I expected, I figured I'd post it here in case someone gets some use from it.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5YDYm65sz7MaUVZMzNOSjlNTE0/edit?usp=sharing

It's a little hacky, but it works well. It automatically splits on load for each chapter of the game. I compiled with Bunnymod Pro, so you don't need to worry about the speed cap. (thanks to YaLTeR)

To set it up just put the "AutoSplit" folder in your Half-Life directory and launch it as a mod. It will work with wSplit or LiveSplit, just make sure you have your split key set to numpad_plus and use the pre-made splits packaged with the mod. Also turn off "Double Tap Prevention" in wSplit or LiveSplit

To start a run you can use a bind like:
Code: [Select]
bind <key> "map c1a0; autosplit_start"
So yeah, let me know if you think this is good. Or if you hate it, tell me that too~
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:08:46 by nd3644 »

4everPluto

Re: Half-Life 1 AutoSplit Mod
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 11:50:31 »
Hey, I finally got it working, it's great!!

I had the problem where my keybind (kp_ins -- map c1a0; autosplit_start) didn't work. I kept trying it, and the map c1a0 part worked, but the timer didn't start (I'm using LiveSplit). I tried autosplit_start in console and the timer didn't start, and it output "3+" in console. I thought it might for some reason be cause its on the numpad, so I tried the same bind with "L" then it worked! I tried my kp_ins bind again and it worked which was weird...
(Telling you this for bug fixing & whatnot)

Also I have a question, would changing this field screw anything up?(Run category)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:00:09 by 4everPluto »

nd3644

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 13:41:51 »

Thanks for letting me know. Unless I misread, you set your bind like this?:
bind kp_ins "map c1a0; autosplit_start"

Because this bind, and the bind for your split key need to be different. Its kinda confusing, but I'll make it more user friendly in the future.thanks again though :)

Psy

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 16:23:37 »
Thanks a lot again for this nd3644, great work !
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 18:18:25 by Psy »

nin_talal

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 00:05:27 »
thanks mate!! can u do the same for valve won? plz, bunnymod pro is not allowed for some reason

SuperPcow

• Portal
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 01:20:42 »
Bunnymod Pro (hlspbunny) is no longer considered legitimate because it was never officially released by Valve, and is just a mod. Can you compile it with valve_WON instead? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1O65pK-C6qYdEJkNkNXN1NGRWs/view?pli=1 I really want to try this out.

YaLTeR

• Bunnymod XT, Source Pause Tool developer
  • SourceRuns Admin
    • SteamCommunity Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 02:11:13 »
Bunnymod Pro is not legitimate because it contains features (like carrying the gauss charge through loads) that were never present in the original game.

He cannot compile it with valve_WON because we don't have the source code of that.

nin_talal

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 09:42:13 »
is it possible to make a bunnymod pro category? got sick of 100 fps cap and bugs, i dont really care about the gauss or grenade charges through loading zones

YaLTeR

• SourceRuns Admin
    • SteamCommunity Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 14:28:12 »
It's not like anyone prevents you from running it and publishing videos

stargame25

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 16:27:16 »
If anyone is interested, I spent some time putting together a HL1 auto split mod yesterday.

Since it turned out better than I expected, I figured I'd post it here in case someone gets some use from it.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5YDYm65sz7MaUVZMzNOSjlNTE0/edit?usp=sharing

It's a little hacky, but it works well. It automatically splits on load for each chapter of the game. I compiled with Bunnymod Pro, so you don't need to worry about the speed cap. (thanks to YaLTeR)

To set it up just put the "AutoSplit" folder in your Half-Life directory and launch it as a mod. It will work with wSplit or LiveSplit, just make sure you have your split key set to numpad_plus and use the pre-made splits packaged with the mod. Also turn off "Double Tap Prevention" in wSplit or LiveSplit

To start a run you can use a bind like:
bind <key> "map c1a0; autosplit_start"
So yeah, let me know if you think this is good. Or if you hate it, tell me that too~

How i can use it with WON version, is it's ok if i replace all from Autosplit to WON version and start an official speedrun, or it's anyway to do autosplit?

YaLTeR

• SourceRuns Admin
    • SteamCommunity Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 01:39:16 »
You don't use it, you use BXT and LiveSplit which has worked fine together for autosplitting for a while at this point.

stargame25

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 10:11:08 »
any guides for it?
Can it automatically change segment at livesplit?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 11:17:07 by stargame25 »

YaLTeR

• SourceRuns Admin
    • SteamCommunity Profile