Author Topic: Gunman Chronicles  (Read 48491 times)

PJC

• SourceRuns Admin
Re: Gunman Chronicles
« Reply #225 on: January 22, 2015, 07:10:13 »
cust_ abuse:

http://youtu.be/dEfP_ilqZDA

Story:

nd3644 posts his 44:12 single segment run on YouTube, a Star Wars runner and old school Gunman DM player named Vryndar comments showing interest, they talk on Steam. Vryndar asks about something called "cust_ abuse" and whether it's banned in speedruns due to it's brutal effects back when Gunman multiplayer was alive; nd3644 of course doesn't know what cust_ abuse is and so looks into it. The clips in this video display just *some* of the effects of this exploit.

Explanation:

The cust_ command is what the game uses to set the customization settings of each weapon. However when using specific unintended, long values, the weapons become ridiculously powerful and other weird effects can occur. The beamgun is capable of emitting many different colours and you could even create a script that switches between them.

To clarify, we don't even know the full potential of this yet. It has been said that theoretically "infinite" health should be possible by using the chemical gun to give negative damage. We're assuming that there is some sort of pattern in the game's code that can be found that would allow us to determine and find out what all of the useful cust_ values are. We do not know what a speedrun would look like with this, nor have we discussed where this should be allowed, if at all.

Here is a list of values that Vryndar had saved previously; again, these are only *some* of the values, the best ones likely being unknown currently:

http://pastebin.com/YFxz2u7j

Endless

« Reply #226 on: February 1, 2015, 21:43:34 »
Wow, that's insane. I'd hate to see such awesome exploits go to waste; a separate category would be wonderful.

Muad'Dib

« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2015, 11:40:26 »
So is there any way we could get an update on the run. Where are you guys at and is there an ETA. really looking forward to the run btw :)
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.