Author Topic: New segmented run for new engine?  (Read 603 times)

C7Meteors

• I stream sometimes c:
New segmented run for new engine?
« on: May 23, 2016, 13:43:27 »
With the release of dqer, I got to thinking about a new segmented run for new engine. Not to say that dwahmov was bad by any means but there are a lot of new strats/clips/fast things in general that I think would be cool to see in a segmented run. Obviously not a whole lot of thought has gone into this but I just started thinking about it the other day. I don't know how we would go about save deletion since that wasn't a thing before, but that's the only thing that I could see there being a problem with. I wanted to get other people's opinions and thoughts on it though before I pursued it too hard, but I do think it would be cool to see a new segmented run for new engine.

BitRain

• Global Moderator
Re: New segmented run for new engine?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 02:45:50 »
The TSA was supposed to be a replacement for a new HL2 segmented run but that's turned into a TAS now. Also save deletion isn't forbidden or anything, the new Episode 1 run in New Engine uses it but it's done really quickly via an auto hotkey script.
I think your best bet if you wanted to go through with this is to have it be an open run so people can do segments at their own will without forming a closed group by yourself, but I would deffo drop in every now and then and do a segment or two if it were open to all, as long as you don't have people trying to beat each other's segments after you've said to move on or anything.
Rama: i hope you watched long enough to see the bald guys pussy
Rama: we watched kung fu panda one time
Rama: so fucking deep

Traderain

• Sourceruns+ premium account
  • SourceRuns Admin
  • I program stuff.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041880736/
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 12:03:37 »
There is the gravity gun only segmented run in progress if you want to join.
Spoiler (hover to show)

C7Meteors

• I stream sometimes c:
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 09:54:51 »
Alright, I just wanted to get some feedback on the idea before pushing it too hard. I still want to bounce ideas around so I'm going to try to get in touch with more of the community to see about making this happen.

Also I can't imagine playing this game only with a gravity gun, and I'm still bad at this game, so I will probably have to pass on that idea LOL

TheCobe-Lee

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 16:14:45 »
I'd be down to help out with a timesheet and routing if we could get some more people together. I think a lot of people want a new segmented run, but I've followed the prodution of DWaHMoV and HL2DQer and the process isn't exactly easy.

Traderain

• Sourceruns+ premium account
  • SourceRuns Admin
  • I program stuff.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041880736/
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 02:19:43 »
We are making a TAS. I would suggest joining the cutsceneless or the grav gun only run.
Spoiler (hover to show)