Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Half-Life / Re: Half-Life segmented rerun
« Last post by YaLTeR on May 22, 2017, 16:19:34 »
10 aa
Consisdering how little the status of this run has been updated, I've decided to post a long and detailed explanation of what's happened in the last 12 months.

As noted back in May last year, the run had been restarted. The team had completed Trainstation_01 with an amazing time (this was the main map which the restart aimed to save time on). Work then started on Trainstation_02, which involved a quite difficult save glitch. The run then died for about 6 months after a halt of progress in June. I joined in August/September to get the run going again, however due to the inexperience I had going in - I had only just started learning to speedrun - I too failed to restart it. Me and DariusFTW occasionally lined for people to recruit, but the run seemed to be unveiling to budge.

In early December, however, sillypilly volunteered to join you run. He found a quicker and easier save glitch route for the map, which quickly brought the run into progress. At this point other people joined, such as LamboLord24, the_hat, Imanex, and mike. Getting segments became very competitive, and so we'd often redo segments if we thought we could beat them. However, we realised during the running of trainstation_05 that our method was not completely legitimate, and we restarted the run.

Around this time, Imanex discovered a glitch called Portal Warp. The way this works is that if you pass through a portal at level transition, you'll end up where the other side was on the next map. Unfortunately, you usually lose your Portal gun by doing this, and mike, who had taken over hl2dp mod development from INFERNOUX started modding in the simple ability to gain your Portal gun by Dave deleting, which took a couple of months. We then restarted from the beginning using a portal Warp route, which after revising that several times, the run has died again.

So I guess what all this says is: There's a lot more people involved, and some more time we can save, but we're back at the beginning again.
Half-Life / Re: Half-Life segmented rerun
« Last post by njmdin05 on May 21, 2017, 09:28:24 »
100 aa ?
Half-Life 2 / Re: Half - Life 2 Gravity Gun only single segmented run.
« Last post by Traderain on May 17, 2017, 08:51:19 »
A little update.
We restared the run and we are on d1_canals_05 now.
If anyone wants to help us hit me up on discord or here and I'll add him/her to the channel.
We have a spreadsheet now too: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YBHXkSDVxrLohQykoqyOCrc7YeSNcrvRMc48las16Sc/edit?usp=sharing

Off-Topic / Re: Velocity - the bhop game
« Last post by LOLROW on May 16, 2017, 21:16:09 »
I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! It's so addictive. But I would love if you could make some surf maps! Also the earliest beta didn't come with a .exe for some reason. I love the game and please make more surf maps <3. In my opinion surfing is way better than bhop but bhop is pretty darn fun!!
Off-Topic / Re: Awesome Group Quotes
« Last post by BitRain on May 14, 2017, 21:05:23 »

:o
Portal 2 / Re: Portal 2 Least Portal Segmented Run
« Last post by jonese1234 on May 13, 2017, 15:07:09 »
Half-Life / Re: There is a problem with the console
« Last post by losi on April 28, 2017, 15:45:59 »
if you want autobunnyhop use bxt_autojump 1
Half-Life / Re: There is a problem with the console
« Last post by cattle1 on April 28, 2017, 15:36:10 »
can you specify whats not working?
  bxt_autojump_prediction 1. bunnyhop not working, one jump and nothing later